Banter RDT 151 - Tom Browne's Burner Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who dropped the ball at Optus? Pretty s**t to have such a ripper stadium (do like the pitch there for Tests too) yet not being able to bring in the big opposition. What a waste.

Or do we blame the fans? Tbf it was bloody hot for the Kiwi game.
Don't understand why it isn't a 5 test series. They'd make a bit of dough from it and no one misses out.

Who dropped the ball at Optus? Pretty s**t to have such a ripper stadium (do like the pitch there for Tests too) yet not being able to bring in the big opposition. What a waste.

Or do we blame the fans? Tbf it was bloody hot for the Kiwi game.
Would have thought Perth was ideal

Prime time into the eastern states and better times schedule for broadcasting into India as well.

Nah this is CA - they want Boxing Day at the MCG and New Years at the SCG so that's 2/4 locked in because of that. They want to play at the Gabba because of the record - 3/4. Adelaide Oval has the day/night booked - 4/4. Only chance was to beat out the Gabba, which is a shithouse stadium.

Didn't this happen in 2013/2014 and they gave us two ODIs as a result? We're getting fcuked no doubt but it would be better than nothing.
As much as I'm bored by most ODIs now, Optus might be one of the few venues in the world that could produce exciting sub-250 run games that are so more engaging than boring high scoring games.

As much as I'm bored by most ODIs now, Optus might be one of the few venues in the world that could produce exciting sub-250 run games that are so more engaging than boring high scoring games.
All down to the pitch. ODI really need to be the bowler friendly track form of the game if they want to maintain any interest in the format.

Biggest issue with watching cricket at Optus is that there's a bunch of overweight bogans chucking a rock around for five days on the hallowed turf where football should be played.
Overweight? Say what you will about cricket, but it's been many a long year since any portion of players were carrying some kilos.

I'm prepared to give it time, but if you want comfort watch cricket on the couch. I want to be on the west bank with 20,000 crammed in watching cricket in the heat of the summer, or watching a day of Test cricket on Boxing Day and heading to the Furnace for BBL evening games.
As long as you don't want food or to get a beer.

Overweight? Say what you will about cricket, but it's been many a long year since any portion of players were carrying some kilos.
I reckon there's a portion of Finch that could comfortably lose a couple of pounds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yikes. Just found out that Michael Christen is a sandgroper.

Genuinely surprised by the number of former West Aussies in the AFL world that go full blown Vic which included "vic bias. BT and Brayshaw are a couple more.

Damien Fleming from the cricket side is pretty similar.

Yikes. Just found out that Michael Christen is a sandgroper.

Genuinely surprised by the number of former West Aussies in the AFL world that go full blown Vic which included "vic bias. BT and Brayshaw are a couple more.

Damien Fleming from the cricket side is pretty similar.

Flemo grew up in Vic ....

As part of an attempt to clear my head and spirit and ethereal being in preparation for my descent back to the underworld where the sirens taunt me from the banks of the river Styx I am removing myself from the internet and all forms of social media until Tuesday evening.

If you wish to contact me before then Vishky please send a postage paid return addressed envelope to 1313 Webfoot Walk, Duckburg, Calisota.

I am a very ill adjusted malcontent and the internet will be better off without me in the short term.

Ps I am not a crackpot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back