Banter RDT 151 - Tom Browne's Burner Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
54284028a32a3c8efdc3e13e04ed2f80.jpg
Haven’t you done well!

I was toying with Burner Down the House by Tom Browne and the Cardigans, but it felt wordy.

Speaking of which; covers that are far far far far better than the original thread - go.
Sound of Silence - Disturbed
With a Little Help from my Friends - Joe Cocker
I Will Always Love You - Whitney Houston
Help - John Farnham
Jolene - The White Stripes

I was toying with Burner Down the House by Tom Browne and the Cardigans, but it felt wordy.

Speaking of which; covers that are far far far far better than the original thread - go.
I've always been partial to The Bangles version of Hazy Shade of Winter, and Isaac Hayes - Walk On By

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The original is also fantastic, but Higher Ground by the Chili Peppers is my all-time fave cover. The driving bass line is incredible.

Honourable mention to Cat Empire’s live at the wireless version of Hotel California. In French.

Mrs Robinson by The Lemonheads is good too.

The original is also fantastic, but Higher Ground by the Chili Peppers is my all-time fave cover. The driving bass line is incredible.

Honourable mention to Cat Empire’s live at the wireless version of Hotel California. In French.

Mrs Robinson by The Lemonheads is good too.
With you on Mrs Robinson.

Jeff Buckley's cover of Hallelujah often comes up in these discussions. I still prefer the original.

DMA's have a couple

Solitary man by Johnny Cash.

Tbh Cash was one of those rare artists that could sing the bible and turn a non believer into a believer.

Where did you sleep last night by Nirvana

House of the Rising Sun by the Animals. My favourite version of this is a Waylon Jennings live version but I’m not sure if you can claim a live one off performance as such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back