Banter RDT 153 - RDTier List

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got thrown out of a German bar for asking German waitress to read German sign on the wall for us.

Confused.

Might have been how you delivered the line?
AlertInfiniteBordercollie-size_restricted.gif
ysc9lb.gif

Bit of a personal update for the fine posters of the RDT.

I am now in the stage of my life where I am remarkably taken by Debbie Harry. Deep down we all know this moment arrives, but apparently today is the day.
I had to Google who Debbie Harry was. My conclusion is that I am not yet at that stage of life.

Bit of a personal update for the fine posters of the RDT.

I am now in the stage of my life where I am remarkably taken by Debbie Harry. Deep down we all know this moment arrives, but apparently today is the day.

Indeed man, this came for me about 6 months ago too. And there's a definite underlying level of filthy nastiness you'd know she'd be into too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Debbie Harry is brilliant!

I don’t want to know what she and most of the people were “on” in this video clip, but bloody hell I could do with some of that when reading the Gameday threads on here 😛🤣

Probably easier to work out what they weren't on.

‘WOEFUL MISJUDGMENT’: NOVAK’S CLASSLESS RESPONSE

After realising his stray ball had connected with an official, Djokovic raised his hand in apology and strolled — rather than rushed — over to see if she was OK.

But it wasn’t long before he started painting himself as the victim.

Officials debated the correct punishment and when disqualification was raised, Djokovic hit back.

“She doesn’t have to go to the hospital for this,” he was heard saying as the world No. 1 tried to protect his place in the draw.

“You’re going to choose a default in this situation? My career, grand slam, centre stage?

“If she would have gotten up right away …”

Djokovic’s pleas fell on deaf ears and he was punted.

It is compulsory for players to make themselves available for post-match media commitments but the Serbian jumped in a car and drove off from Flushing Meadows after his expulsion.

He risks a $20,000 fine for snubbing reporters and the US Tennis Association said it will strip him of all prize money earned during the tournament, which equates to $AUD340,000.

But far more damage will be done to Djokovic’s reputation. Rather than front up and own his mistake, the tennis world condemned him for running away.

Former British star Tim Henman said on Prime Video’s coverage: “Unfortunately he’s compounding the error. He needs to face up to it, apologise and accept he made a mistake.

“By, in essence, running away, it’s going to go on longer.”

Another ex-British player, Greg Rusedski, echoed Henman’s sentiment. “This was the correct decision under the rules regardless of intent or not. Novak should have stayed for the press conference & apologised,” he tweeted.

“We must take responsibility for our actions no matter how difficult the situation is.”

Tennis writer for The Times, Stu Fraser, added: “Woeful misjudgment by the world No. 1 and leader of the new player association not to front up and apologise for his actions.”

Fellow scribe George Bellshaw said it was a “really poor showing” for Djokovic not to face the press while Mike Dickson wrote “really don’t think he’s helped himself here” with regards to Djokovic’s escape act.

Thankfully, two-and-a-half hours after his offence, Djokovic saw some sense and released a statement on Instagram apologising for his behaviour.

Was it Blondi that kept a bag of coke inside her boot at all time?

For those that did donate and not just did the challenge it's heartening to know that this did do some good in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back