Banter RDT 153 - RDTier List

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So yesterday my wife and I went for her 12 week scan and unfortunately the worst has happened and we have had a miscarriage. I feel lost and don't really know what to do. If any of the big footy brethren has any advice or has gone through something similar. She's currently blaming herself. Um Yeah so that'd be great. Thanks in advance.

My condolences. Unfortunately as mentioned it is quite common and something myself and wife also experienced and as mentioned getting pregnant seems to only come easy to trash that don't really deserve it. All I can say is take time to recover and heal, then get back to trying again and enlist the help of health professionals for both of your current mental states if needed, and for falling pregnant again in the future. All the best. 🙂

So yesterday my wife and I went for her 12 week scan and unfortunately the worst has happened and we have had a miscarriage. I feel lost and don't really know what to do. If any of the big footy brethren has any advice or has gone through something similar. She's currently blaming herself. Um Yeah so that'd be great. Thanks in advance.
So sorry to hear this news mate. Be there for her every single minute. She needs ya more than ever

Mostly just want to reinforce what others have said. Tried for years before we got our first, and a lot of consultation with experts & surgery was required. It's not as easy as it's sometimes made out. I know a couple of people who've gone through multiple miscarriages and stillbirths to eventually give birth to a healthy baby, and I don't know how they had the strength to get there.

On the feeling responsible bit, it's entirely possible to know these things but to still feel like one's blameworthy... there's a lot of expectation on women from people in this world in relation to kids, that they should want kids, want to be pregnant, that their bodies should automatically be able to do it, etc. It's easy to internalise some of this background noise, no matter how much you understand the truth about things.

Hope you're both gunna work through it all okay.

Earlier this year I read this piece from a philosopher thinking through her miscarriages; dunno if the analytic response is everyone's cup of tea, but I found it really thought-provoking regarding how we deal with life-changing events: https://thepointmag.com/examined-life/half-a-person/

Very sorry to hear mate.
Me and my mrs have been through a few of them so if you want to chat just let me know.
The most important thing is to keep your relationship strong, make sure she knows you're there for her and don't let her become distant from you (and don't become distant from her).
It's honestly the hardest thing I've been through, it takes me a good 6 months after to somewhat get back to normal mentally, so if you're still down about it a few months from now that's totally normal.
In a few weeks start to plan something together (break down south or something) that you can look forward to. It'll give you something positive to focus on.

Sorry to hear mate. Keep offering her support and comfort, and if you need it, get some yourself (even a mate and a beer qualifies).

We might not have a free to air partner for the cricket this summer. 7 taking CA to court and want to terminate the reminder of the contract. Massive loss for the fans

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We might not have a free to air partner for the cricket this summer. 7 taking CA to court and want to terminate the reminder of the contract. Massive loss for the fans
Debacle. This is where we need SBS to step into the breach like they did in the 2005 Ashes.

I'm sure Badge is across these latest developments, what with his love of cricket and all.

On CA's side on this one. Ch7 are trying to do the same thing as the AFL and force scheduling of matches at specific times for broadcast. This always ends in WA patrons getting screwed over.

CA greatly pissed off 9 and 10 in the last TV rights and have now fallen out with 7. All this a year or two after they stuffed the players CBA negotiation

People criticise the AFL but they're so far ahead of CA
Cricket will be behind soccer in the pecking order within a generation. Only really getting by on how useless the soccer body also is.

HoneyBadger35 looking forward to the return to the EPL tonight?
Sure am, though imminent defeat to welcome us back isn't ideal.

It's a nice feeling though having all the pressure off, and a loss not being cause for complete meltdown. Just hoping we manage to get into the game and show that we can hack it, Liverpool having not lost at Anfield since 1403 isn't likely to change but Leeds could snag a top half finish if we really click.

Insanely frustrating that the season has started on the back of internationals though, missing half our squad until this week including our two (2) signings might make tonight a bit tough, we'll see. Such an odd feeling going into a game not bothered by the result and just wanting to enjoy the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back