Banter RDT 154 - No Dogs Allowed

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grand Final for my girl today
Same for my "step-niece"*. Cracking day for it, can't wait to feel cold wetness dribbling down my neck as the wind chills me to the bone. I feel a certain gratitude for warm showers in my future.

*don't ask. It was the best term I could think of for some random girl who's been inducted into my wife's side of the family.

s**t weather

******* GREAT RESULT

5.7.37 - 5.3.33

WHOOOOOOO

My girl collected 16 touches on a wing - 15 kicks, 1 HB, 1 M 6FF 2FA 4 tackles including a bone crunching tackle that was spear like. I’m sure the opposite player is still recovering from.

As a pure bias parent, I’m not sure how she missed the Norm but in the end who cares

PREMIERS BABAY

sh*t weather

******* GREAT RESULT

5.7.37 - 5.3.33

WHOOOOOOO

My girl collected 16 touches on a wing - 15 kicks, 1 HB, 1 M 6FF 2FA 4 tackles including a bone crunching tackle that was spear like. I’m sure the opposite player is still recovering from.

As a pure bias parent, I’m not sure how she missed the Norm but in the end who cares

PREMIERS BABAY
Hurn-like kick:handball ratio there, good tactics in the wet.

sh*t weather

******* GREAT RESULT

5.7.37 - 5.3.33

WHOOOOOOO

PREMIERS BABAY
*biased

Anybody else just not remotely bothered about this final coming up? I mean, I should care, and I’ll hopefully get a ticket. When news comes out about Gov and JK playing I do think yeah that’s good news...but I just don’t really feel excited for it at all.

Not dreading it. Just ambivalent, as though there were some crappy AFLX or charity game on the horizon. Nice enough but who can be bothered.

Dunno. Maybe it’ll pick up later in the week.

Anybody else just not remotely bothered about this final coming up? I mean, I should care, and I’ll hopefully get a ticket. When news comes out about Gov and JK playing I do think yeah that’s good news...but I just don’t really feel excited for it at all.

Not dreading it. Just ambivalent, as though there were some crappy AFLX or charity game on the horizon. Nice enough but who can be bothered.

Its the pre finals bye. The past couple years I've felt the same until the couple days before the game. But also factor in how weird this season has been. The shortened quarters, seventeen rounds, playing most games in QLD. Ask me this time next week if I care about the season. Depending on the result of this Saturday I will give a different answer. 😂

I think it's the acceptance of the cards not falling our way this year. If we make it past the Pies the Port/Cats loser will towel us up so it's hard to get excited.

Once the game looms large the what if's will start to grow and we'll all yell ourselves hoarse hoping the boys can pull of something really special.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it's the acceptance of the cards not falling our way this year. If we make it past the Pies the Port/Cats loser will towel us up so it's hard to get excited.
It’s definitely not that. This is a weird little four week tournament we’re entering, one of the weirdest ones ever, with as close to our best 22 as is reasonable at this time of year. Healthy Nic Nat/Shuey/Kelly, we’re making a prelim at minimum.

There was no desire to watch or any real longing for football last weekend either. Don’t think it’s Eagles related, think I’m just down on football after all the bullshit.

It’s definitely not that. This is a weird little four week tournament we’re entering, one of the weirdest ones ever, with as close to our best 22 as is reasonable at this time of year. Healthy Nic Nat/Shuey/Kelly, we’re making a prelim at minimum.

There was no desire to watch or any real longing for football last weekend either. Don’t think it’s Eagles related, think I’m just down on football after all the bullshit.
I'm with you there, I've just lost interest the last few weeks. It hasn't helped with the weird times/days so I haven't been able to watch quite a few games but I can't get excited at all for this weekend.

Once the game looms large the what if's will start to grow and we'll all yell ourselves hoarse hoping the boys can pull of something really special.
I'm the opposite. Feel very confident of beating either Cats or Port next week if we get through. But feeling very, very nervous about the Pies game.

Get the general 'meh' feelings though. Combination of the bye, finishing fifth and the weird season. Short quarters have impacted the way it feels also I reckon.
Win Saturday though and I think things will ramp up around here considerably.

On SM-G920I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Get the general 'meh' feelings though. Combination of the bye, finishing fifth and the weird season. Short quarters have impacted the way it feels also I reckon.
Win Saturday though and I think things will ramp up around here considerably.
Short quarters and the weird scheduling caused by the two 'footy fests'. But on the former, I'm really not a fan of the play time vs. break time that has occurred this season. It's not like it's reduced soft tissue injuries at all.

Reduced quarters combined with compressed fixtures are the devil. The watchability of footy has degraded as the season has worn on. This is why I have the 'meh's' about finals.

Agree with Gazeah. I'd be confident versus Geelong or Port in week 2. But whatevs

Felt that way for the entire season. Have really struggled to hold any interest - imo this season has exposed the AFL and it’s associated hangers on for what many of them are, overpaid attention seekers

Completely indifferent to what happens over the next 4 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back