Banter RDT 154 - No Dogs Allowed

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 26, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm reading Dune for the first time and it is really bloody good. Would highly recommend.
Same here! Bought it the other day it it definitely lives up to it's reputation of one of the best sci-fi novels of all time. Herbert needs to chill out with the character names though, why do some of them have to be so long and hard to remember.

Same here! Bought it the other day it it definitely lives up to it's reputation of one of the best sci-fi novels of all time. Herbert needs to chill out with the character names though, why do some of them have to be so long and hard to remember.

Well it kind of spoils your sci-fi epic if you are following the deeds of Bob and Deano.

True but do we really need The Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam?

Like oxygen. How frikkin' bad arse does that sound?

Eh. After a few mentions your brain just reads that all as one word, in a split second, without thinking about it. If you have to read out each word individually in your mind every time you see it your gonna have a bad time with any full length novel.

Some of the best works I've read have character names that are just one letter long

How far through are you? I'm just starting the third section

Some of the best works I've read have character names that are just one letter long

tenor.gif

Feb 26, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
So I’m hosting New Years this year and in the process of creating the event so I need moar 2020 memes to add to the description which is full of satire and laughing about the dumpster fire of a year we have experienced.

Any suggestions will be welcome.

THE A5

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
So I’m hosting New Years this year and in the process of creating the event so I need moar 2020 memes to add to the description which is full of satire and laughing about the dumpster fire of a year we have experienced.

I got heaps. Will tell you when I get there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast

Get a few snorkels going and forget about 2020 all together

Inject everyone with bleach as a condition of entry.

Host it at the Gabba

Did you mention Covid? Been a bit of a talking point this year.

Who else is keen to watch the David Bowie biopic that he specifically didn’t want, which doesn’t have his family’s endorsement and which won’t feature a single David Bowie song as a result?

Oh and aside from all that it looks despicably bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back