Banter RDT 155 - Can’t mess with tradition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warner and Pucovski are a good opening pair, just need them both fit
I feel like pucovski will move into the middle order. Correct me if I am wrong but wasn’t he batting at 3/4 prior to this season in the shield?

I feel like pucovski will move into the middle order. Correct me if I am wrong but wasn’t he batting at 3/4 prior to this season in the shield?
I think he'll probably be batting lower down by the end of his career, but with Smith and Marnus set at 3/4 for a while there's no need to move him any time soon.

I think he'll probably be batting lower down by the end of his career, but with Smith and Marnus set at 3/4 for a while there's no need to move him any time soon.
Him at 5 strengthens the middle order too tho. That said, could see Green bat at 4/5 potentially down the line.

Warner
?
Labuschagne
Smith
Pucovski
Green

That's a tremendous 5 out of the top 6.
Sam Whitemans form batting at the top has been good. He’s got half a season and a couple shield games next season to pushes for an Ashes debut.

I've also heard of a young up and comer in WA who has opened a fair bit before. He's a bit of a jet, apparently. Goes by the name of Shaun Marsh. Heard of him?
To me SoS would have had a successful career if he was batted at 5 all his career. His average at 5 dropped late but it’s some what good there. He was thrown around too much throuhhout his career and it and injuries played a role in his inconsistency.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Washington? Can't help but think 12th man Max Walker would have something to say about that name.

Just as an aside.

RIP Max Walker.

Very respectable career in cricket playing for Australia, played 6 seasons for Melbourne in the VFL (gave it away himself due to study not because he was cut) and from all reports was an absolute top bloke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back