Banter RDT 155 - Can’t mess with tradition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people dont like using ear buds and prefer the sit on top style.
I now have over the top BOSE 700’s after owning several ear bud types

Couldn’t be happier.

Some people dont like using ear buds and prefer the sit on top style.
God no. I look like a dork. But they’re comfy and the sound. My God the sound 🤤

I've got some Bose QC35II phones for work and they're a game changer. I do stream a lot of music from my PC though as my mobile plan was pretty sh*t on data (recently rectified) so I have been planning on getting a Bluetooth USB dongle to pair the phones to my PC. Hoping that works..
They're perfect for in the plane on the way to and from work so as not to have to listen to the hordes going or arriving on holidays!!
Can't stand airpods, to uncomfortable.

I like the cut of your jib. Cheap products are fine if they are effective, brand labels are for the sucker class.

On a related note, can someone explain to me how and why headphones ever came back into vogue? I'm talking the bulky type that you can wrap around your neck when not in use, as opposed to earphones. I seem to remember it happening, say, a decade ago. My Dad used to rock some massive headphones back in the 70s to plug into his stereo system, but then the 80s arrived and people began, sensibly, using earplugs to plug into their walkmans (walkmen?). Headphones, when a product like airpods/earphones are readily available, seem like nothing more than a fashion accessory. Maybe that's the point?
To and from work for me is always long haul and wearing the headphones as opposed to ear buds is a heck of a lot more comfortable.

I think more for comfort. I find buds can make my ears sore sometimes. Also they probably fall out of some peoples ears easily.
Same boat. Sore ears, canals start to itch, wax buildup. Cans are far more comfortable.

Cans are also much less likely to do damage to your hearing and produce significantly higher sound quality. Hence why they are used as monitors for recording. I use my wireless earbuds for walking the dog, exercising and running however i have one sound system that new was worth about 4k and another new thats worth about 10k. (stereo)

My Beyerdynamic cans produce higher quality sound than even the 10k system the only thing they lack is the presence of large speakers. With large speakers you can 'feel' the music as well as just listening to it. It's also why i like live music as you get the presence and feel of the music even though you'll get much better sound quality out of the studio recordings.

On a related note, can someone explain to me how and why headphones ever came back into vogue? I'm talking the bulky type that you can wrap around your neck when not in use, as opposed to earphones. I seem to remember it happening, say, a decade ago. My Dad used to rock some massive headphones back in the 70s to plug into his stereo system, but then the 80s arrived and people began, sensibly, using earplugs to plug into their walkmans (walkmen?). Headphones, when a product like airpods/earphones are readily available, seem like nothing more than a fashion accessory. Maybe that's the point?
I find over ear have way better noise cancellation and feel like a more immersive experience - so for movies on a plane or music you are really in to.

For podcasts on the train or walking the dog, or doing the dishes (where I like to be more aware of what's going on around me) in ear I prefer, often with only one ear in.

Yeah if you care about sound quality/integrity there really isn’t any debate around over ears vs earbuds.

Portability is the only real reason you’d choose earbuds (it’s a big reason let’s be honest) but if the person doesn’t mind the bulk, then yeah go for it

Well, there seems to be a deluge of opinion that headphones serve a very useful purpose and can be superior to earphones/pods, depending on circumstances and preference. I will crawl back into my hole and re-think my life choices to this point.
You’re a good egg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah if you care about sound quality/integrity there really isn’t any debate around over ears vs earbuds.

Portability is the only real reason you’d choose earbuds (it’s a big reason let’s be honest) but if the person doesn’t mind the bulk, then yeah go for it
I only use them for exercise so I go with the earbuds. Over ears make my head too hot but the sound quality is definitely better.

Unfortunately I have to get the exact pair. I had heaps of critics that said I will lose them sooner or later. Gotta maintain the illusion I didn't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back