Not open for further replies.

Brolga

Grumpy Old Git
Nov 20, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts
F&C is like the Aussie test team. When it's good it's exceptional but most of the time it's a disappointment that leaves you feeling slightly ill.

I think we all got very spoiled by an amazing team which kept evolving over a prolonged period of sustained success.
so much so that when the poms finally won a series against us in England, they were knighted!
We are now back to being an ordinary team, with a better than average bowling attack and a worse than average batting lineup that has a couple of established stars, a couple of rookies and a couple of average players.
The arrogance of the team after one amazing session this series, with a crazy effort of bowling India out for 36, hid the fact that India had outplayed us for most sessions that far in the series.

I miss the glory days, but I’m realistic now that we will have good and bad days.
Frozen hake rather than fresh whiting fish and chips

Into The Black

All Australian
Aug 16, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
I think we all got very spoiled by an amazing team which kept evolving over a prolonged period of sustained success.
so much so that when the poms finally won a series against us in England, they were knighted!
We are now back to being an ordinary team, with a better than average bowling attack and a worse than average batting lineup that has a couple of established stars, a couple of rookies and a couple of average players.
The arrogance of the team after one amazing session this series, with a crazy effort of bowling India out for 36, hid the fact that India had outplayed us for most sessions that far in the series.

I miss the glory days, but I’m realistic now that we will have good and bad days.
Frozen hake rather than fresh whiting fish and chips
Plus the fact the poms flat out cheated using mints to defeat us ( and admitted to ) shouldn't those players be degraded ? :)

THE A5

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Don’t think we will have Cam Green for the BBL. not overly fussed but he would have been an upgrade on Hardie

Don’t think we will have Cam Green for the BBL. not overly fussed but he would have been an upgrade on Hardie
I don't think Green's been much of a T20 player though? Always been more suited to the longer formats

Getting Mitch Marsh and Agar back will do wonders for the side though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast

With the bat, yes. Reckon Hardies been good with the ball, particularly early in the season when we were struggling.

Getting Mitch Marsh and Agar back will do wonders for the side though

Yeah this is huge. Wonder if we'll get a home final if we qualify? Might get shat on with potential border situations.

THE A5

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
With the bat, yes. Reckon Hardies been good with the ball, particularly early in the season when we were struggling.

Yeah this is huge. Wonder if we'll get a home final if we qualify? Might get shat on with potential border situations.
I don’t mind Hardie and he has been decent but he has gone for run tho. I feel like they target his overs cause of Richo/dorff/Tye pressure and he is the beneficiary of some wickets.

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Going to the game be Hurricanes this afternoon at Marvel. First live sport in about a year for me.

Sounds like they’ll regain Wade which doesn’t bode well for us - hopefully we can knock him over early. Need to take pace off the ball at Marvel

Oct 29, 2007
Perth Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Going to the game be Hurricanes this afternoon at Marvel. First live sport in about a year for me.

Sounds like they’ll regain Wade which doesn’t bode well for us - hopefully we can knock him over early. Need to take pace off the ball at Marvel

Surely Wade will be a somewhat cooked after the last 4 tests so i dont expect him to be in peak form.

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Surely Wade will be a somewhat cooked after the last 4 tests so i dont expect him to be in peak form.
Reckon he’ll be trying to ensure he stays in the international side in white ball cricket, knowing he’ll be rightfully booted from the test side in due course

THE A5

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Wade is interesting cause he deserved to be picked cause of his shield form back then. However, I’m not a big fan of picking a keeper as a test batsmen unless they’re in the mould of a Sangakkara or Bairstow even.

THE A5

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
I was reading a lot of posts of people wanting Alex Carey picked in the test squad as a batmen lol.

Oct 29, 2007
Perth Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
I was reading a lot of posts of people wanting Alex Carey picked in the test squad as a batmen lol.

What's funny are people saying he should replace Paine as wicket keeper AND Captain lol

Think now is a good time to bring Carey in though but guess they need to sort out the Captain situation first.

Wade i think should be replaced with Head for the meantime. We also need to rotate the bowlers as we used the same contingent for 4 straights tests and they looked cooked by the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back