Banter RDT 156 - Old Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not the capacity. It's the fact that it's new and is already outdates. It legit has two tiers and viewing is compromised for a lot of the spectators. Seats and certain parts of the stadium just looks cheap. I also believe the BCCI and India have the money to have done it properly too

Given some of the corruption that happens over there I wouldn't be surprised if they said it cost $X, in reality it only cost $Y and people along the way pocketed the difference

It's not the capacity. It's the fact that it's new and is already outdates. It legit has two tiers and viewing is compromised for a lot of the spectators. Seats and certain parts of the stadium just looks cheap. I also believe the BCCI and India have the money to have done it properly too

Do the locals really give a s**t though? Assume they'd be happier with capacity than appearances.

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Just goes to show what a ******* potato he is DanWCE. Only $133k
5D1159AA-4FA1-41D8-900E-579B2556CF8C.jpeg

pfft, hit & giggle rubbish. Check out some grade cricket action from Saturday, featuring Cam Green...

Sounds like a Regal performance from Ethan...

Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
pfft, hit & giggle rubbish. Check out some grade cricket action from Saturday, featuring Cam Green...

Annoyingly, this game was only down the road from where I live. If I'd known Cam Green was playing, I 100% would've thought about going, then thought,"Nah, can't be stuffed." and continued on with all my gardening chores and regular weekend duties.

Sep 16, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Nah, it makes money and it's a good entry point for both smaller nations and new fans
The shortened game makes sense for domestics, not internationals. If people want to follow a professional shortened bat and ball game, they best be following baseball in the States. Cricket will always be a fifty over, or five day game.

The shortened game makes sense for domestics, not internationals. If people want to follow a professional shortened bat and ball game, they best be following baseball in the States. Cricket will always be a fifty over, or five day game.
They'll be following baseball cause that'll be all that is left. Australia, England and India are the only countries that don't lose money from hosting tests ffs.

They'll be following baseball cause that'll be all that is left. Australia, England and India are the only countries that don't lose money from hosting tests ffs.

T20 and most significantly the IPL is killing cricket as I knew it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back