Banter RDT 157 - Not allowed

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I can't believe people still defend Maxwell. The guy just finds a way to get himself out every innings.
I can't believe people still defend Finch. The guy just finds a way to get himself out every innings.

Is Stoinis Victorian?

Depends if he's playing well or not.

If he's doing something good, than he's a good WA lad
If he's doing something bad, than he's a stinky Victorian

Similar to how Mel Gibson no longer seems to be claimed as an Australian 🤣

Those Kiwi grounds are a joke. So small it's barely cricket half the time.
The Indian grounds in this Ind-Eng test series seem the same. Sure it’s not just Australian grounds being especially big? I like the fact you get rewarded finding the gaps playing conventional straight bat cricket shots

The Indian grounds in this Ind-Eng test series seem the same. Sure it’s not just Australian grounds being especially big? I like the fact you get rewarded finding the gaps playing conventional straight bat cricket shots
You shouldn't just be able to knock it into a gap and pick up 4. Grounds need to be big enough that running 3's with normal set fields are reasonably regular, not a once per Test rarity.

Old school cricketer rant over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely India need to be fined for a clearly substandard pitch.
makes a farce of test cricket
And who is best suited to a pudding top pitch?

You shouldn't just be able to knock it into a gap and pick up 4. Grounds need to be big enough that running 3's with normal set fields are reasonably regular, not a once per Test rarity.

Old school cricketer rant over.
Yeah I hear ya but I guess my point was: is this unique to NZ or a ‘new school’ thing where they have made grounds smaller or is it just that we are used to them being bigger here in Aus?

Yeah I hear ya but I guess my point was: is this unique to NZ or a ‘new school’ thing where they have made grounds smaller or is it just that we are used to them being bigger here in Aus?

Multiple reasons.
1. grounds are significantly smaller, particularly in NZ, India and some parts of south africa and england.
2. Boundary ropes have been significantly brought in at times from the days of the fence.

These 2 things combined with modern day superbats mean you can mistime or even edge for 6 runs. Some of these international grounds have boundaries shorter than I was playing at in u14's (60m). To me its a farce and part of what has ruined cricket for me.

Multiple reasons.
1. grounds are significantly smaller, particularly in NZ, India and some parts of south africa and england.
2. Boundary ropes have been significantly brought in at times from the days of the fence.

These 2 things combined with modern day superbats mean you can mistime or even edge for 6 runs. Some of these international grounds have boundaries shorter than I was playing at in u14's (60m). To me its a farce and part of what has ruined cricket for me.

But, but but...SIXES! Phwoarrr!

*Fireworks*

If England win the last test we make the test championship. If India win or the test is a tie, we miss out. 😫

NZ will roll whoever makes it but still would rather make it.
I'd back us to beat NZ comfortably.

India a chance too with a pretty decent pace attack.

I would think it's more our grounds being far bigger than average due to the AFL than anything else tbh. You look at most domestic T20 leagues around the world and they all average scores that are around the same as each other, and much higher than the BBL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back