Banter RDT 157 - Not allowed

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

1 in a million chance of dying, 1 in 1/4 million chance of clotting.

Chances of contracting and dying of Covid19?
Global death rate is 3%. Chance of contracting is pretty high if you're in Brazil, pretty low in New Zealand.

I don't trust Johnson & Johnson, but it could be residual trauma from Johnson & Friends.

Speaking of fascist elephants, did I hear right that cancel culture got Babar?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speaking of fascist elephants, did I hear right that cancel culture got Babar?

Hadn't heard anything and all that a quick Google of 'Babar' came up with was a single library removing a single book. The whole idea of 'cancel culture' is a bit hypocritical coming from the Right who long campaigned for the removal of certain books from school libraries, would burn 'Satanic' music and thought Dungeons and Dragons caused all sorts of evils. People have been trying to get rid of things that don't accord with their values since things were invented (roughly 455 BC), all that's new is the Left joining the ban party when they used to be against censorship of any kind. So the Right has decided they're suddenly very in favour of protecting things from censorship. The world is a stupid place.

Hadn't heard anything and all that a quick Google of 'Babar' came up with was a single library removing a single book. The whole idea of 'cancel culture' is a bit hypocritical coming from the Right who long campaigned for the removal of certain books from school libraries, would burn 'Satanic' music and thought Dungeons and Dragons caused all sorts of evils. People have been trying to get rid of things that don't accord with their values since things were invented (roughly 455 BC), all that's new is the Left joining the ban party when they used to be against censorship of any kind. So the Right has decided they're suddenly very in favour of protecting things from censorship. The world is a stupid place.
Nah cancel culture is all the left being sensitive

But also Lil Nas X should be fired into the sun for his latest video.

79 in 20,000,000 is 0.000395%

Is that higher than the rate of clotting in the population?
Higher than the chance of finding an intelligent opinion from a Victorian football journo

Nah cancel culture is all the left being sensitive

But also Lil Nas X should be fired into the sun for his latest video.
The right wouldn't give two shits about his music video if he was white and female.

Wait, what? That's a very specific date for when things started getting invented. I feel like this is a reference that I don't know about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back