Banter RDT 158 - Beers at Badgers

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread took a horrible turn. Our reality is quite average sometimes

I just hate the media, I guess. From the fact that someone stealing big birds costume is front page news, to the AFL building up a narrative (Pies need to perform, Blues will make finals) only to bask in their own subplot when the inevitable happens, it's left me a bit disgruntled.

Particularly the footy stuff. Blues had their tyres pumped up all pre season, and the media know they're going early. The benefit of doing so is they either call the form early, or they develop just as many headlines the other way when it all falls apart. Does my **** in.

I just hate the media, I guess. From the fact that someone stealing big birds costume is front page news, to the AFL building up a narrative (Pies need to perform, Blues will make finals) only to bask in their own subplot when the inevitable happens, it's left me a bit disgruntled.

Particularly the footy stuff. Blues had their tyres pumped up all pre season, and the media know they're going early. The benefit of doing so is they either call the form early, or they develop just as many headlines the other way when it all falls apart. Does my **** in.

It's the only way for them to justify their employment. You don't want to see Robbo unable to afford booze and smokes, do you?

Circling back to the UFC, if you go looking you will find one of the most absolutely disgusting, gut churning stoppages inside the first 30 odd seconds of the first round. My word. *. That. Noise.

What happens? Does Tank Abbott make a comeback?

LOL back in the days when it was a mixture of BJJ, kick-boxers and brawlers like Cabbage. Wonder how long they'd last against proper professionals today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope. Not watching. Still can't get the image of Anderson Silva's leg wrapping around *pauses to google* Weidman, really? Weird. Anyway it's still stuck in my head.

*edit* Viewer discretion is advised

I haven't linked this media outlet on purpose btw! It's the first I could find actually showing the video.

*Still hate the media*

Like Nathan Brown but more flaccid.

*edit* Viewer discretion is advised

I haven't linked this media outlet on purpose btw! It's the first I could find actually showing the video.

*Still hate the media*

*. That’s brutal

Nope. Not watching. Still can't get the image of Anderson Silva's leg wrapping around *pauses to google* Weidman, really? Weird. Anyway it's still stuck in my head.

Channelling those areas.

I watched the slow mo. But, if I must confess, I had my hand up blocking half the screen, and I was really just watching for when the pain registered on his face.

It didn't come! Then he tries to stand on that leg. Ohhhh get Absolutely ****ed at that point. I can't even imagine. I have mates who fight Muay thai and they smash and roll their shins with rolling pins so they can't feel pain in those areas during combat. It must work the other way when you land a kick like that.

Think Harry Potter arm in HP2 except its a leg instead of an arm.

The slowmo is particularly brutal. The guy who cops it expects to rock onto his back foot to continue and story short, it doesn't happen for him.

-----------------------

Basically that UFC card is a pretty good example of separating the two types of people who watch UFC. Those in it for blood and gore and violence will be absolutely overjoyed. Those who want to watch it as a technical sport disappointed (not judging either group, just a general statement).

Think Harry Potter arm in HP2 except its a leg instead of an arm.

The slowmo is particularly brutal. The guy who cops it expects to rock onto his back foot to continue and story short, it doesn't happen for him.

-----------------------

Basically that UFC card is a pretty good example of separating the two types of people who watch UFC. Those in it for blood and gore and violence will be absolutely overjoyed. Those who want to watch it as a technical sport disappointed (not judging either group, just a general statement).

What was that, three title fights, three first round stoppages? Not at all what I expected or hoped for, but UFC has been going pretty decision heavy lately so...

Pretty shattered for my boy Jimmy Crute. Can throw down. Weirdly didn't get much of a chance to. Never seen anything like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back