Banter RDT 158 - Beers at Badgers

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw them both at the movies tonight. Settle the debate for me, board.

Alien vs Aliens?

Aliens for me. Alien for the missus and my mate.

Aliens because there is just so many iconic quotes

"Vasquez have you ever been mistakes for a man?" "No, have you?"
"Game over man, game over"
"Nuke the site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure"
"Get away from her you bitch"
Etc

Saw them both at the movies tonight. Settle the debate for me, board.

Alien vs Aliens?

Aliens for me. Alien for the missus and my mate.

Aliens is the ultimate beer and pretzels action sci-fi movie. Full of classic one liners, pyrotechnics and special effects that still hold up pretty well.

Alien is a straight up horror in a sci-fi setting. The existential terror of being trapped on a tin can floating in the vacuum of space with something unspeakably...alien.

Very different films and both excellent (don't mention the rest of the franchise IMO). As an example of the film making art I think Alien gets the nod but I have probably watched Aliens more times than any other movie - what a thrill ride!

You're a bad person and you should feel bad.

I've got used to the reactions for this particular opinion of mine. It's always the same. 😂

Like when I say I prefer Roger Moore to Sean Connery as Bond. Come at me again.

I've got used to the reactions for this particular opinion of mine. It's always the same. 😂

Like when I say I prefer Roger Moore to Sean Connery as Bond. Come at me again.

You probably have David Tennant preferred as Doctor over Tom Baker too.

You disgust me.

:p

I just think Aliens has better characters. Ripley is more fleshed out with her daughter’s passing. Newt becomes her surrogate daughter. Hudson is hilarious. Hicks is a very likeable ‘grunt’. Gorman makes mistakes out of inexperience. Etc.

And the scene where Ripley and Newt are locked in the Med Bay with the facehugger is just as scary as anything from the first movie IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

...And the scene where Ripley and Newt are locked in the Med Bay with the facehugger is just as scary as anything from the first movie IMO.

Still have fond memories of putting my hand over my mates face just as the 'hugger leapt onto Ripley and the resultant piercing shriek of terror. I still josh him about it to this day :moustache:

I saw Alien at the cinema when I was 12 after my older sister (16) said it was great and my mum said I wasn’t allowed to see it. Went anyway without telling her.

That movie ****ed me up for weeks and whilst I watched the other movies I reckon it would have been nearly 20 years before I went back and rewatched the first one

As a low budget slow burn horror, Alien is a classic but for a sit down actioner with some good laughs mixed in with some genuine scares Aliens is hard to top.

Aliens for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back