Banter RDT 159 - All our love for Matty’s girlfriend

Remove this Banner Ad

Wosh

Super Moderator
May 27, 2007
Melboooorne
AFL Club
West Coast
Good luck to your girlfriend AxialMat I’m sure she’s in the best of hands and will be given the absolute best of care. What an awful thing to go through, have a safe trip to be with her and we all send you both our very best wishes x

RookiePick

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 13, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Oh sh*t, so sorry to hear that Matty. Pretty sure the police commissioner mentioned that crash during the Covid presser, sounded like a bad one.

All the best to you and her.
It was a pretty sh*t presser really. We have (distant) connections with the lady who passed away in the boating accident too.

All the best Matty. They do really good work in the trauma space, been through a heck of a ride with my Mother having a bad motorcycle accident a number of years back and while she has some limitations, her quality of life is really good. it's actually amazing how good she is given her injuries at the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Monocle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2003
Western Suburbs : Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Claremont NE Patriots Eagles AFLW
So sorry to hear this news.

Might seems a bit bizarre but peeps here who you have never met care deeply for you and your girlfriend.

But that’s what’s happening here.

What ever energy,faith, prayer or good karma that we respectively believe in goes out to you and yours.

Me I am an old hippie and I will be sending love, light and healing energy to you and your girlfriend.

As someone that’s been through 19 surgeries on the operating table, please know that positivity and loving support are the best tonic for a healthy recovery.

☮💙💛☯

Keys

Looking for a cloud to yell at
Oct 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Bengals
The lack of compassion in the name of keeping us safe from covid is abhorrent. People’s lives are being impacted significantly due to an infinitesimal risk of spreading a near or non-existent virus in our community

AxialMat

Busy Vibin’
Jul 14, 2014
Southwest WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, NY Jets, Toronto Raptors
The lack of compassion in the name of keeping us safe from covid is abhorrent. People’s lives are being impacted significantly due to an infinitesimal risk of spreading a near or non-existent virus in our community
I mean I get it, but to hear them say I couldn’t see her unless she was dying just broke me.

I’ve spoken to her Mum today. She’s the only one allowed in as next of kin. Her surgery went really well, and she’s in good spirits. There was a fire after the accident which I wasn’t aware of, all her belongings were destroyed.

I’ve managed to get a mobile and an iPad to her. So I should be able to message and FaceTime her a bit more now.

squashface

Masten and Waterman
Feb 26, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I mean I get it, but to hear them say I couldn’t see her unless she was dying just broke me.

I’ve spoken to her Mum today. She’s the only one allowed in as next of kin. Her surgery went really well, and she’s in good spirits. There was a fire after the accident which I wasn’t aware of, all her belongings were destroyed.

I’ve managed to get a mobile and an iPad to her. So I should be able to message and FaceTime her a bit more now.
Great to hear she's doing well, mate.

Biggie

Negative Thread Expunger
Sep 28, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles AFLW, Subiaco, Wildcats

Good news buddy

Godfather32

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast

Glad the surgery went well mate, hope you get to see her soon

Remove this Banner Ad