Banter RDT 159 - All our love for Matty’s girlfriend

Remove this Banner Ad

Truckosaurus

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 19, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I had an electronic keyboard on there for $150 once. Guy messages me and offers $50. I replied "lol no" and closed the conversation.

Digital age is great for ease in this case, but it also allows people to be remorseless ********s. Had people just not show up altogether which infuriates me just thinking about it.
At least he didn't agree to $150, then show up with only $50 and not mention this until after you'd helped him load it into his truck.

dewcefault

Team Captain
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
I had an electronic keyboard on there for $150 once. Guy messages me and offers $50. I replied "lol no" and closed the conversation.

Digital age is great for ease in this case, but it also allows people to be remorseless ********s. Had people just not show up altogether which infuriates me just thinking about it.
I find it extremely rude. Particularly those that just send a seriously lowball offer with nothing other than "$50". I don't mind a hard negotiator or even a cheeky lowball but put some effort into it.
Luckily the ones I've eventually interacted with in person to finalise a purchase/sale have been pretty good but overall it's a horrible experience. People are pretty terrible.

RookiePick

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 13, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
I find it extremely rude. Particularly those that just send a seriously lowball offer with nothing other than "$50". I don't mind a hard negotiator or even a cheeky lowball but put some effort into it.
Luckily the ones I've eventually interacted with in person to finalise a purchase/sale have been pretty good but overall it's a horrible experience. People are pretty terrible.
The chaff to wheat ratio is high but all my face to face Gumtree experiences have been pretty good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

larrikin

Jun 14, 2002
Beer tent
AFL Club
West Coast
I bumped into MacGill (literally) and he spilt a speck of his drink on himself at the Leedi in 1999. I apologised and he said "It's okay but if you do it again I'll fu**en kill you." I lol'd and a friend got in his face.

I'd just like to clarify I was not in NSW on the weekend.
Ha has always been a loose unit.

Didn't he get in trouble a couple of years back?

RookiePick

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 13, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
I bumped into MacGill (literally) and he spilt a speck of his drink on himself at the Leedi in 1999. I apologised and he said "It's okay but if you do it again I'll fu**en kill you." I lol'd and a friend got in his face.

I'd just like to clarify I was not in NSW on the weekend.
Are you English? MacGill was savage on Englishmen in 1999.

Dazzler9

Formerly 'Dazzler10'
Apr 30, 2015
Krypton
AFL Club
West Coast
Ha has always been a loose unit.

Didn't he get in trouble a couple of years back?
This was well known in cricketing circles back in the day. He got banned from one of the English leagues for his behaviour. He's one of those characters that troubles just seems to follow around.

Ochre

Great kick
Aug 25, 2008
On The Line
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Claremont
He was on the final word a few months back and he talked about how he can't even play charity games these days because he takes it too seriously. Just sounds like a super intense person, who probably showed that around the wrong people.

Remove this Banner Ad