Banter RDT 159 - Eagles Board Big Ol’ House Of Fun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do you settle in and watch the draft program or just wait for the results?
Nah, I don't follow college football close enough to care about the draft. I just follow along on twitter so I know who to laugh at.

9 year old daughter's first game of netball tomorrow. After crushing the preseason she gets named as centre and captain.

Cancelled due to the rec centre not being able to handle the balance between indoor and outdoor games.

The pure rage. Advice please Biggie?

9 year old daughter's first game of netball tomorrow. After crushing the preseason she gets named as centre and captain.

Cancelled due to the rec centre not being able to handle the balance between indoor and outdoor games.

I’d take a walk along the river

Beer makes everything better

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tell her when they do play to make sure her GD leads out to receive the centre throw, while her GA heads back to goal. They never expect it.

And even when you've done it to them repeatedly, your standard league GA is shithouse at defending.

tenor (1).gif

Tell her when they do play to make sure her GD leads out to receive the centre throw, while her GA heads back to goal. They never expect it.

And even when you've done it to them repeatedly, your standard league GA is shithouse at defending.
The ole attacking half back flanker routine eh?

I finally got to see her tonight, and it just broke my spirit. She told me exactly how it happened and it was worse than I could ever imagine.

I’m struggling a lot, I have all these finances I now have to sort, and I’m just not in the right mindset to face anything.

If you've got a throw in from the goal circle, have one player on the outside of the circle right up where it meets the boundary line to receive the pass. The GA/GS (whoever took the throw in) immediately steps in and around the player on the mark, turning their body towards the line to shield the ball, and takes the pass back. This is something you can practise at training until you've got it down pat at a good speed.

They should also be reminded that the contact rule penalises the player who initiates the contact (i.e., the person moving). This means that if you stand in someone's way, and they run into you, it's your ball (if the umpires are watching). You should face your opponent while you're doing this so you can see where they're moving, although if it's outside and sunny (and the sun's in the right direction), you can use their shadow. The key to this is quick lateral movement. Take small steps back if you have to, but be where they're going before they get there. Even if they don't infringe (and they usually get so frustrated that they do), you're holding up a player from getting involved in a sport where you can only hold on to the ball for three seconds. If it's a GD doing it to a GA, that also takes a shooter out.

GK ALWAYS takes throw ins/free throws in the defensive third. They're the only ones who can't lead beyond that line, so there's no point having a player who can standing still in that zone. Whoever is closest, whoever wins the free, they put the ball on the ground and the GK comes up to take it.

I finally got to see her tonight, and it just broke my spirit. She told me exactly how it happened and it was worse than I could ever imagine.

I’m struggling a lot, I have all these finances I now have to sort, and I’m just not in the right mindset to face anything.
Matty have you though about opening a go fund me? Reckon fine folks in here might help out by chipping in.

Weather the storm and stay strong for her mate. Things are never as good or as bad as they seem and I'm hopeful you guys will come out the other side of it optimistic and building towards something special.

Take some time dude. I'm sure any financial decisions can be delayed with a phone call.

I remember the first time I saw my mum after her accident I had a pretty visceral reaction - shakes, cold sweat and s**t that settled into a bit of a mild dissociative state or something for a couple of days.

s**t is heavy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back