Banter RDT 159 - Eagles Board Big Ol’ House Of Fun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the Eagles bigfooty can chuck it on their social accounts

You beautiful people. I.. I don’t even have the words to thank you.

if this could please be stickied to the OP and the thread title updated that would be great.

she deserves the world and I want to provide it for her.

If you've got a throw in from the goal circle, have one player on the outside of the circle right up where it meets the boundary line to receive the pass. The GA/GS (whoever took the throw in) immediately steps in and around the player on the mark, turning their body towards the line to shield the ball, and takes the pass back. This is something you can practise at training until you've got it down pat at a good speed.

They should also be reminded that the contact rule penalises the player who initiates the contact (i.e., the person moving). This means that if you stand in someone's way, and they run into you, it's your ball (if the umpires are watching). You should face your opponent while you're doing this so you can see where they're moving, although if it's outside and sunny (and the sun's in the right direction), you can use their shadow. The key to this is quick lateral movement. Take small steps back if you have to, but be where they're going before they get there. Even if they don't infringe (and they usually get so frustrated that they do), you're holding up a player from getting involved in a sport where you can only hold on to the ball for three seconds. If it's a GD doing it to a GA, that also takes a shooter out.

GK ALWAYS takes throw ins/free throws in the defensive third. They're the only ones who can't lead beyond that line, so there's no point having a player who can standing still in that zone. Whoever is closest, whoever wins the free, they put the ball on the ground and the GK comes up to take it.

Shannon Hurn should try this on kickouts

So, with no concept of time, how does the toilet cleaning roster work?

You fail to do it when it just feels like it is time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you'll really enjoy this one.

Why did I think for a nano-second you would give me a legitimate recommendation?
Face Jam
F**kface
Bill Burr Monday Morning Podcast

Oh yeah I do Bill Burr, but he spends too much time talking about US sports these days and not enough time getting angry. Fatherhood has mellowed him too much.

Why did I think for a nano-second you would give me a legitimate recommendation?

That's on you at this point.

Serious response though, is that I enjoy podcasts specifically about my interests a lot more than just generic podcasts for everyone. For example do you like the West Coast Eagles and dislike professional broadcasting? The WCE BF pod is for you. Do you like the WCE and like professional broadcasting? Try The Nest.

So if you like reality TV, cricket or Taskmaster, hit me up.

That's on you at this point.

Serious response though, is that I enjoy podcasts specifically about my interests a lot more than just generic podcasts for everyone. For example do you like the West Coast Eagles and dislike professional broadcasting? The WCE BF pod is for you. Do you like the WCE and like professional broadcasting? Try The Nest.

So if you like reality TV, cricket or Taskmaster, hit me up.

Is there a podcast about peanut butter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back