Banter RDT 159 - Eagles Board Big Ol’ House Of Fun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Probably mostly random unrelated posts about Freo / bump from 4+ years about Ross Lyon

I know he doesn't come in this thread so I can acknowledge his existence. For the past 5 years or so he finds every post of mine and likes it then quotes it or tags me - I don't even read them tbh. I took great pleasure in laugh reacting to his posts in the autopsy thread today.

Suspect he # 6 was deeeeeply scared as a young tacker by 1992 & 1994.......hates us with a passion.

images-24.jpg

As for # 1 ... I swear to God if you put him in a room by himself ........ he would start a fight.

Ignore list related?

I tried to get into that thread to get a genuine understanding of where opposition supporters ranked the Eagles, but the thread just quickly turned into a b*tch fest.

A thread in which Gunnar is the most frequent poster has turned into a bitch fest? I find that hard to believe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you've got a throw in from the goal circle, have one player on the outside of the circle right up where it meets the boundary line to receive the pass. The GA/GS (whoever took the throw in) immediately steps in and around the player on the mark, turning their body towards the line to shield the ball, and takes the pass back. This is something you can practise at training until you've got it down pat at a good speed.

They should also be reminded that the contact rule penalises the player who initiates the contact (i.e., the person moving). This means that if you stand in someone's way, and they run into you, it's your ball (if the umpires are watching). You should face your opponent while you're doing this so you can see where they're moving, although if it's outside and sunny (and the sun's in the right direction), you can use their shadow. The key to this is quick lateral movement. Take small steps back if you have to, but be where they're going before they get there. Even if they don't infringe (and they usually get so frustrated that they do), you're holding up a player from getting involved in a sport where you can only hold on to the ball for three seconds. If it's a GD doing it to a GA, that also takes a shooter out.

GK ALWAYS takes throw ins/free throws in the defensive third. They're the only ones who can't lead beyond that line, so there's no point having a player who can standing still in that zone. Whoever is closest, whoever wins the free, they put the ball on the ground and the GK comes up to take it.
OK, so why bomb it up the right all the time then?

I listened to the first few eps and couldn't stand it, which I hated because I normally love Tony. Does it get better?
I love it, but it's not for everyone.

Junktime AFL is probably one of the better light hearted footy ones.

Because when the opposition know what we're going to do, we can figure out how they'll react and counter accordingly. It's brilliant!
While we're at it, do we force the opposition to wear bibs with their position on it so everyone easily knows where their player is?

I love dealing with people on Gumtree:

"Hey mate, have you still got it? If so I'll come and pick it up tonight."

"Yep still got it, what time were you thinking?"

View attachment 1118595

It can be a painful process.

I like when people ask if furniture, that you have clearly provided dimensions for will fit in their vehicle...often not even telling you what said vehicle is.

It can be a painful process.

I like when people ask if furniture, that you have clearly provided dimensions for will fit in their vehicle...often not even telling you what said vehicle is.

I had an electronic keyboard on there for $150 once. Guy messages me and offers $50. I replied "lol no" and closed the conversation.

Digital age is great for ease in this case, but it also allows people to be remorseless ********s. Had people just not show up altogether which infuriates me just thinking about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back