Banter RDT 159 - Eagles Board Big Ol’ House Of Fun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My favourite stat is that the record for the highest % of runs scored by one player in a complete team innings in a Test match, was scored by Charles Bannerman when he was the first batter of the first innings of the first ever test.

I’ve seen that deck of cards stat before and it never ceases to blow my mind. To think that you could shuffle a deck and in all probability it’s a completely unique order every time you do is freaky

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of fair weather supporters who are spoiled by success

It's okay to be disappointed after the game on the weekend but far out, it's Wednesday. Let's get a dose of reality.

The same posters are just thread hopping, sprouting negative s**t about every facet of the club we all signed up here to barrack for. I try not to add people to my ignore list for being emotional, that's how my man ep has survived all these years. Even he's being more positive than others lately ♥️

But I might need to update my ignore list to add sooks in with the idiots.

It's okay to be disappointed after the game on the weekend but far out, it's Wednesday. Let's get a dose of reality.

The same posters are just thread hopping, sprouting negative sh*t about every facet of the club we all signed up here to barrack for. I try not to add people to my ignore list for being emotional, that's how my man ep has survived all these years. Even he's being more positive than others lately ♥

But I might need to update my ignore list to add sooks in with the idiots.

People just feel entitled and are spoilt for success.

Consider the likes of St Kilda, Bulldogs, Port Adelaide, Fremantle, GWS, Gold Coast and their supporters, and then consider we have as many flags as them combined.

Heck we also have as many flags as Norf and they had a 60 year head start on us.

There's nothing wrong with hoping your team does well. We won a flag three years ago, still have the bulk of that squad, have recruited an A-grader to boost the midfield and have had bad luck with injuries to key players (and an inability to win in slippery conditions) making life hard in 2019 and 2020 (so a build up of frustration over a few seasons). Everyone copes with disappointment differently, but the fact that people are upset is a good indicator of how strongly they identify with the club. Fairweather supporters don't care when a side loses, they just lose interest. If someone's emotionally invested enough to post on this board, be it positively or negatively, it's a good thing.

We are literally all on the same team.

I don't watch FTA TV anymore, footy (and weekend travel shows) excepted. Until now I have been getting the bulk of my news from abc.net.au and news.com.au.

News.com used to be OK, years back, but is gutter trash tabloid click-bait junk nowadays. ABC is veering too far towards leftist wokeness. Can somebody please tell me where to find some balanced, fact-based news coverage that is not behind a paywall? Much appreciated,
Dazzler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back