Banter RDT 160 - Fold the RDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough. As I say, not a tennis person, but I haven’t heard of her outside of the “Ash Barty’s idol” context and I’ve never actively followed what Ash Barty is up to enough to look up her idols.

I feel like she (Goolagong) should be at the Cathy Freeman or Lionel Rose level of celebrated indigenous athlete. If she is and I’ve missed it that’s on me, but it was genuinely the first I’ve heard of her accolades.
Yeah, this one's on you Badge. She's up there with those others.

Fair enough. As I say, not a tennis person, but I haven’t heard of her outside of the “Ash Barty’s idol” context and I’ve never actively followed what Ash Barty is up to enough to look up her idols.

I feel like she (Goolagong) should be at the Cathy Freeman or Lionel Rose level of celebrated indigenous athlete. If she is and I’ve missed it that’s on me, but it was genuinely the first I’ve heard of her accolades.
I haven't watched a tennis match for 15 years so don't get me wrong, I'm not some tennis officianado or anything, but I've definitely heard her name plenty of times.

Cool. I personally find 3m pretty good for a 65inch but would want to be a bit closer if you go the 55.

With no/minimal glare you can explore OLED TVs but they'll stretch your budget unless you can find a 2020 model.

The good guys ebay store is having a 15% off sale which might snag you an OK deal but they jack the prices up before applying the discount. I usually use it as a baseline and see if I can negotiate a better deal in store.

This Samsung looks like a good deal for a higher spec TV.

The Sony is pretty solid but you should easily be able to get the discounted price in store

With installation, i'd be really careful who you use. I've heard some pretty bad stories of people getting ripped off particular when they charge you crazy prices extra for HDMI cables. I'd personally look for a sole trade who does TV/sound/cabling jobs give him (or her) a hand with the mounting of the TV and you should save a few hundred $ over something like TGG where i think their installers charge $300 + bracket + cables extra.

I think that Samsung I've listed above deals well with glare but it depends on your budget. Generally the higher spec Samsungs do well. You're generally looking for two things, the overall brightness of the screen (which can be seen in the specs/found in reviews) and how reflective the glass is. You'd probably want to dig around for reviews on the TVs for that. Assuming if you're gaming you'd want a decent TV anyway depending on the games.

Alternatively something like this https://www.ezyblind.com.au/ or a spray bottle and some alfoil works a treat if you're ok with the window looking like it belongs in a crackden
Bought a new 65" from JB yesterday. Just went with a cheapy TCL but rapt with it so far.

McGregor is done now, you'd think. Was getting pantsed by Poirier even before he snapped his leg anyway and was then was a royal dick afterwards right after Poirier was classy as.

Did you see the pre-fight conference? Guy has become a parody of himself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That buzzer beater.
Team needs another decent bigman though
We do. Landale looked nervous, and Baynes needs to find that old Baynes Boomers form, but we still look one guy short in the front court.
But Matisse Thybulle OMFG how F************** good was he 😍

We do. Landale looked nervous, and Baynes needs to find that old Baynes Boomers form, but we still look one guy short in the front court.
But Matisse Thybulle OMFG how F************** good was he 😍
Baynes needs to stop bombing 3's when we've got plenty of other options on the court that can actually hit them.
Thybulle was good, thought Exum showed a bit. Need to work on getting Ingles open for more 3's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back