Banter RDT 160 - Fold the RDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking like Kawhi Leonard's done his ACL

HoneyBadger35 R U Ok?
Had an enormous meltdown with absolutely zero apologies to anyone who follows me on Twitter - that’s your mistake not mine.

Sports are stupid and I hate them but the boys did me proud today so now I’m king of the world again. Almost starting to think it’s not healthy to tie this much of my happiness to several groups of unrelated athletes all performing well at once.

Season 1 was some of the most elite television I’ve ever seen. Season 2 was quite poor in comparison.

Never got around to Season 3.

I think to be fair almost everything on TV is poor in comparison to S1 of True Detective, it's a very, very high bar.

Season 1 was some of the most elite television I’ve ever seen. Season 2 was quite poor in comparison.

Never got around to Season 3.

Season 3 is pretty good, David Milch (Deadwood) came on board to help Nic Pizzolatto out, Mahershala Ali is great.

Season 2 sucked cuz Cary Fukunaga left and it was him who gave that season its distinct look - the one shot raid scene all of that is him - and Pizzolatto's reach exceeded his grasp. Still season 2 did give us that absolutely filthy Vince Vaughn performance where he is just inhaling scenery left and right - love it.

Anyone who's watched Bojack, the problematic writer guy is basically Pizzolatto.

Fukunaga is doing the new Bond, so I am stoked if indeed it ever comes out.

(I don't think I've ever spell checked so many names before)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Season 3 is pretty good, David Milch (Deadwood) came on board to help Nic Pizzolatto out, Mahershala Ali is great.

Season 2 sucked cuz Cary Fukunaga left and it was him who gave that season its distinct look - the one shot raid scene all of that is him - and Pizzolatto's reach exceeded his grasp. Still season 2 did give us that absolutely filthy Vince Vaughn performance where he is just inhaling scenery left and right - love it.

Anyone who's watched Bojack, the problematic writer guy is basically Pizzolatto.

Fukunaga is doing the new Bond, so I am stoked if indeed it ever comes out.

(I don't think I've ever spell checked so many names before)
Yeah I remember hearing good things about Season 3 but must have slipped through the cracks with all the shows I watch.

Will get onto it. Might rewatch S1 for all its glory and S2 to see if I’ll have a different opinion of it the second time around before I do though.

Probably on par with the Game of Thrones scene where the Hound and Arya are in the tavern and he says "I think I'll have 2 chickens" and the ensuing fight.

Then the Inglorious Basterds scene in the basement pub where they play celebrity head.

4th place I'd say when Begbie glasses the guy in England and gets Renton to light him a smoke when Born Slippy starts to play in Trainspotting.

I do like ranking those scenes to myself obviously.

Probably on par with the Game of Thrones scene where the Hound and Arya are in the tavern and he says "I think I'll have 2 chickens" and the ensuing fight.

Then the Inglorious Basterds scene in the basement pub where they play celebrity head.

4th place I'd say when Begbie glasses the guy in England and gets Renton to light him a smoke when Born Slippy starts to play in Trainspotting.

Great list.

I’d add the “It’s not your fault” scene from Good Will Hunting, the ending from Logan and the docking scene from Interstellar as well

Legit one of (if not) my favourite moment in cinematic history. Legit gives me goosebumps everytime I watch it.

Have you seen Gangs of London? Co-created by Gareth Evans who I think is the best action director going around at the moment (Raid, Raid 2).

He only directs a few of the episodes, but there's one and you'll know it when you see it that is the best action I've seen on TV.

Have you seen Gangs of London? Co-created by Gareth Evans who I think is the best action director going around at the moment (Raid, Raid 2).

He only directs a few of the episodes, but there's one and you'll know it when you see it that is the best action I've seen on TV.

That looks epic. Will have to check it out.

Great list.

I’d add the “It’s not your fault” scene from Good Will Hunting, the ending from Logan and the docking scene from Interstellar as well

Most of that movie is a collection of incredible scenes. Mine seem to be linked to violent episodes instead of genuine acting/writing!

A fap worthy list.
I’d swap the order and add in Josh & Javier at the golden eagle hotel in no country for old men.

A fap worthy list.
I’d swap the order and add in Josh & Javier at the golden eagle hotel in no country for old men.

The coin flip at petrol station ain't too bad either!

An amazing scene

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back