Banter RDT 160 - Fold the RDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a craft beer but Hoegaarden has coriander in it. By extension craft breweries that make their own Belgian Wit probably add it too - so Feral White probably has it.

Good call on the Feral

"Product details
Feral White Beer is produced in the true Belgian style with 50 percent barley and 50 percent wheat and an imported Belgian yeast strain. It is cloudy and unfiltered with coriander and orange peel added during the boil to contribute a spicy citrus flavour."

Good call on the Feral

"Product details
Feral White Beer is produced in the true Belgian style with 50 percent barley and 50 percent wheat and an imported Belgian yeast strain. It is cloudy and unfiltered with coriander and orange peel added during the boil to contribute a spicy citrus flavour."

Hoegaarden goes even beyond my normal beer obsession - I like to try other breweries attempts at it whenever I can.

Surprised there hasn't been any coriander infused craft beers.

A lot of my mates that hate craft beers really enjoy Colonial small Ale which i think is a great mid beer with a decent taste to it.
Cool, will give that a bash too

Good call on the Feral

"Product details
It’s actually very traditional for that beer style to have coriander seeds added. It takes on a citrusy flavour in the beer rather than tasting like coriander.

Doubt there’s any beers with coriander leaf added though…

funnily enough fenugreek seed added to beer gives off a maple syrup aroma which is nothing like the pungent curry vibes they give off normally

Remember when Netflix was great because everything was on it regardless of who made it so you didn't have to pay for multiple TV services just to get a handful of shows you were actually interested in? Good times, good times.

The kids are going to "invent" pay tv/cable/foxtel at some point and think they are geniuses.

Also it's not surprising that sport is going the same way. If you like just soccer, to watch full coverage of next season you need

Optus: English Premier League
Paramount: A-League and national team games
Fox/Kayo: Spanish/Italian/lower English leagues. FA Cup as well iirc
Stan Sport: Champions League/Europa

Which is easily pushing $60-$80 a month.

Obviously it's cheaper when you account share among mates (I usually buy NFL gamepass for my mates and share their Kayo/netflix/prime).

My prediction for how it ends up is Netflix and Prime end up buying out all the small ones anyway before raising their prices to kayo/binge levels.

The kids are going to "invent" pay tv/cable/foxtel at some point and think they are geniuses.

Also it's not surprising that sport is going the same way. If you like just soccer, to watch full coverage of next season you need

Optus: English Premier League
Paramount: A-League and national team games
Fox/Kayo: Spanish/Italian/lower English leagues. FA Cup as well iirc
Stan Sport: Champions League/Europa

Which is easily pushing $60-$80 a month.

Obviously it's cheaper when you account share among mates (I usually buy NFL gamepass for my mates and share their Kayo/netflix/prime).

My prediction for how it ends up is Netflix and Prime end up buying out all the small ones anyway before raising their prices to kayo/binge levels.

Live sport is a different to non live content and soccer is particularly unique given the global reach and different high quality leagues.

People start pirating again for regular content?

Live sport is a different to non live content and soccer is particularly unique given the global reach and different high quality leagues.

People start pirating again for regular content?

I assume so. My guess is that people will just torrent the "big" TV shows and keep a couple services only, which will eventually send the smaller ones broke/merge them with something else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a craft beer but Hoegaarden has coriander in it. By extension craft breweries that make their own Belgian Wit probably add it too - so Feral White probably has it.
That would be coriander root or seeds. I don't know if that causes the same reaction as the leaves in the haters.

Hey peeps, looking for recommendations for a new TV. Finally time to replace the old LG 50" that has served us faithfully since 2008. I'm a total noob / old fart when it comes to the tech descriptions so hoping someone can help me out.

Max. 65"
Budget up to 2.5k installed on wall.
Mostly used for sport and occasional movies.
Reliable brand a must - see above for how often I replace
Not overly fussed about streaming service compatibility as we only have Kayo and Netflix.

Hey peeps, looking for recommendations for a new TV. Finally time to replace the old LG 50" that has served us faithfully since 2008. I'm a total noob / old fart when it comes to the tech descriptions so hoping someone can help me out.

Max. 65"
Not overly fussed about streaming service compatibility as we only have Kayo and Netflix.
Probably a bit pricey

Max. 65"
My 55" Sony Bravia does the trick. 4 years in and no issues so far.

Max. 65"

What's the size of the room/how far away do you sit from the TV?
How much light/glare hits the current TV?
Are you going to hang it on the wall yourself or are you going to pay someone?

I like my Sony for screen quality but software wise it is clunky AF. Has had plenty of issues trying to run updates online and getting stuck in a loop where it can't complete the job. Had to have it repaired.

What's the size of the room/how far away do you sit from the TV?
How much light/glare hits the current TV?
Are you going to hang it on the wall yourself or are you going to pay someone?
Current couch setup has viewing position ~3m from the TV and the room is big enough that we can make it more or less than current quite easily.

Minimal glare and no direct sunlight.

Paying someone to install. Probably easier to consider options if we just say $2k budget for just the TV and can go a bit higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back