Banter RDT 161 - Football’s Just Popped Out For A Pint Of Milk

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
fu** it I'm watching The Wire again
Started watching this for the first time

Have 2 episodes of season 1 left to watch which I’m a good chance of knocking over tonight

Have 2 episodes of season 1 left to watch which I’m a good chance of knocking over tonight
Are you enjoying it so far?

A lot of people find the start of Season 2 to be a bit jarring because the focus characters change from S1 but if you know that each season focuses on a different aspect of Baltimore life it makes more sense.

Are you enjoying it so far?

A lot of people find the start of Season 2 to be a bit jarring because the focus characters change from S1 but if you know that each season focuses on a different aspect of Baltimore life it makes more sense.

Yeah it’s good

Not at Breaking Bad levels of good for me just yet but it’s thereabouts

Yeah it’s good

Not at Breaking Bad levels of good for me just yet but it’s thereabouts

It never really has the heightened suspense or cliffhangers IMO like other shows, just kinda goes along at the same pace.

View attachment 1181575
she’s on her next flight home too. Loving the fact that she flew out here and had to spend a few days stuck in quarantine and now has to fly back 😂

Absolute cluster* that she was asked (and paid) to be on the show and that the government granted an exemption for her to even arrive.

Favourite characters from the Wire? Thanks for asking- Bubbles, D'Angelo, Hurk and Carver, and I like slimy Levy. Too many to name really.

Yeah, bit hard to defend that one. Should have offered her a job as a removalist.
The removalists got her in the end it looks like

Favourite characters from the Wire? Thanks for asking- Bubbles, D'Angelo, Hurk and Carver, and I like slimy Levy. Too many to name really.

The removalists got her in the end it looks like

I'm hoping Omar's omission was purely accidental.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grunching thread

BlackWidow. Predictable and poorly timed. I agree better served as a TV show I actually wouldn't mind if they had movir pr two from the villain POV

As an aside MODOK on Disney+ is worth it btw, RobotChicken style animation Patton Oswald the bad guy trying to win respect)

I drink s**t beer. Deal with it.

Cheese is elite and I'm always down for some cheese/crackers/cabanossi with dip. I was the french onion train but have been branching the last few months since living with the GF.

Vegans I'm indifferent to (would rather just get a beer vs dinner for catching up) but I would say the anti-vegans are catching up on the annoying stakes.

I have also started The Wire

Grunching thread

BlackWidow. Predictable and poorly timed. I agree better served as a TV show I actually wouldn't mind if they had movir pr two from the villain POV

As an aside MODOK on Disney+ is worth it btw, RobotChicken style animation Patton Oswald the bad guy trying to win respect)

I drink sh*t beer. Deal with it.

Cheese is elite and I'm always down for some cheese/crackers/cabanossi with dip. I was the french onion train but have been branching the last few months since living with the GF.

Vegans I'm indifferent to (would rather just get a beer vs dinner for catching up) but I would say the anti-vegans are catching up on the annoying stakes.
Oh s**t I didn’t know we had Modok here, I know it’s on Hulu in the US but I figured that meant it wasn’t on Disney+.

Trailers looked good, Patton Oswalt is terrific and it seems they’ve figured out the level of seriousness to treat the character for a non-comic audience, eg not very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back