Banter RDT 162 - Gimme, Gimme, Gimme A Man After Census Night

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For Sopranos fans:

Does anyone share the conspiracy theories Tony lived through the finale? I've had a few try to argue it to me but for me the sketchy dude in the restaurant killed him.
Maybe. For me, the genius of that ending is that we don't get a definitive ending. The show has ended, but in the universe of the characters, this isn't the last episode, it's just another day. There's no reason for their lives to wrap up nicely. They go on, and in Tony's case they go on always wondering where the next threat is coming from and if the next guy through the door might be there to whack him.

Maybe. For me, the genius of that ending is that we don't get a definitive ending. The show has ended, but in the universe of the characters, this isn't the last episode, it's just another day. There's no reason for their lives to wrap up nicely. They go on, and in Tony's case they go on always wondering where the next threat is coming from and if the next guy through the door might be there to whack him.

Yeah to be honest I like not being 100% sure, just like the end of Inception or Total Recall I enjoy the feeling of uncertainty in what happens.

Total Recall. Now we're talking. What a movie.

Was it an implanted dream? Was it all real? Was it an implanted dream gone wrong? I still don't know.

Depends on what mood I wake up in as to how I decide. The one thing that rings in my head is the nerd assistant at Recall who says "Blue sky on Mars, that's a new one."

Plus, peak Arnold.

100% his best balanced movie in terms of his actual performance and storyline. Predator a close 2nd. T2 was just an awesome movie. Commando for senseless violence.

Fun fact: Penelope Cruz played the same character in the Spanish original and the English version. Not often a character plays the same role in the original and a remake.

I didn't even know it was a remake as such. The big lesson learnt; don't follow your pen 15.

Thoughts on Tenet? I've watched it 3 times now and I enjoyed it more each time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't even know it was a remake as such. The big lesson learnt; don't follow your pen 15.

Thoughts on Tenet? I've watched it 3 times now and I enjoyed it more each time.
+1 for Tenet gets better the more you watch it.

I’ve seen it twice and enjoyed far more the second time when you get a chance to think about what’s going on.

I mean, I've only watched it once but I can't imagine Tenet could get worse on a second watch

I think the speed of the story and sound become less of a distraction each time and you pick up on more of the story because of it. There's a big conversation that was confusing the first couple of times I watched it, but then made perfect sense on the 3rd go. Even the scene before (or after) the car chase made more sense. Maybe I'm just not sharp enough but yeah.

Tenet is better on rewatch because you can put the subtitles on and finally understand the key plot points that you couldn't hear the first time because Nolan's sound mixer sucks.

I thought it was a bit overstuffed, but with some undeniably good set pieces.

Can it? 20 years since I saw it, but basically ended with Pacino finally getting a decent nap. A real long one.

Well he kinda lost track of time and it affected him adversely. So sorta.

I think the speed of the story and sound become less of a distraction each time and you pick up on more of the story because of it. There's a big conversation that was confusing the first couple of times I watched it, but then made perfect sense on the 3rd go. Even the scene before (or after) the car chase made more sense. Maybe I'm just not sharp enough but yeah.
Even just the opening scene at the opera makes far more sense on rewatch which makes it so much more enjoyable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back