Banter RDT 164 - Sway, Duck, Whack

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the private girls' school equivalent, which is turning up to school and realising you have the wrong uniform on and won't get served at the canteen.

My private girls school dreams are a little different

Same as all the others. Hell, uni really did a number on us.

Gonna tell my kids to get a trade and have 3 negatively geared houses by the time your 30. Do an arts degree when you retire if you really want.
I remember in high school when all the kids who wanted an apprenticeship left in year 10 so many of the remaining kids branded them as “drop kicks” and “the dumb ones”. Now the ones who left are making the most money and the ones who stayed and went to uni are sitting on 30k+ debt in HECS.

I remember in high school when all the kids who wanted an apprenticeship left in year 10 so many of the remaining kids branded them as “drop kicks” and “the dumb ones”. Now the ones who left are making the most money and the ones who stayed and went to uni are sitting on 30k+ debt in HECS.

For sure, had the exact same experience. Pretty embarrassing in hindsight.

It's a vicious cycle too because schools try to get as many as they can into uni as it looks good. And then unis shill out shitty degrees to money making international students because their funding has been steadily decreased.

So you end up in a situation where you have 5 universities in Perth that have law schools and like six jobs at the end of it and wages are pushed down because of surplus grads. Nobody needs that many lawyers!

In Sweden it's even crazier, you need a degree to become a real estate agent! But at least you don't need to pay back the degree. No free Centrelink tho, need to pay that back.

Yeah but who wants to be doing a trade for their whole life.

With hindsight, I wish I had taken a year or two off between school and uni. I might have even done something productive with them!
100% I’m the same. School definitely pushes the YOU MUST GO DIRECTLY TO UNI DO NOT PASS GO DO NOT COLLECT $200 agenda where in reality you should take your time and work out what you want to do instead of making a career choice at 17 years old

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Teeth falling out is my most common recurring dream.

I usually realize it's a dream when I have wiggled loose and spat out hundreds of teeth.

The flip side is I do have some rad flying dreams from time to time.
Yeah I get the flying ones, but most of the time more like I can jump and float for a bit, not actually fly

Yeah I’m extremely jealous of the 30 year olds who work on the tools, have a 16 year old girlfriend and a coke habit, and spend more money on the world’s shittest, loudest car than they do on everything else in their life combined. What I wouldn’t give to join that club.

Yeah I’m extremely jealous of the 30 year olds who work on the tools, have a 16 year old girlfriend and a coke habit, and spend more money on the world’s shittest, loudest car than they do on everything else in their life combined. What I wouldn’t give to join that club.

All of that sounds fantastic.

We can't all be mods mate.

We can't all be mods mate.
You can if you work hard, post nicely, and sell your soul to Chief in return for the sort of control over others that, sadly, you do not have and never will have over your own life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back