Banter RDT 164 - Sway, Duck, Whack

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The article is very vague on details for a good reason I would imagine

This is a publicity stunt. They are probably just adding Bitcoin to Super or offering some sort of Bitcoin initiative where staff can opt in and a percentage of their wage is invested in bitcoin.

Apparently they can elect to take a percentage of their salary in Bitcoin, anything between 0 to 100.

I know which I’d be picking.

One of my co-workers is big on Bitcoin and keeps trying to talk the rest of us into investing.

The guy a share a cubicle desk area with is big on it too. He's also a morbidly obese anti-vaxxer who is "allergic" to gluten, egg and dairy and collects pokemon cards and regularly advises me of wild conspiracy theories like we're discussing the weather.

I love going to my office. 🙃

The guy a share a cubicle desk area with is big on it too. He's also a morbidly obese anti-vaxxer who is "allergic" to gluten, egg and dairy and collects pokemon cards and regularly advises me of wild conspiracy theories like we're discussing the weather.

Ask him how much he'll pay for an original Charizard, Mewtwo and Poliwhirl. Bitcoin not accepted.

Ask him how much he'll pay for an original Charizard, Mewtwo and Poliwhirl. Bitcoin not accepted.

That would be encouraging a trip down the rabbit hole starting with Pokémon and somehow ending in how Trump is the greatest peacemaker of the past 50 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What does his wife think about all that?

I'm enjoying angry comic-book nerd reactions to Scorcese, Spielberg and now Ridley Scott shitting on Marvel. It's good to hear people not be afraid to mention how much they are spamming cinemas (and streaming) with repetitive crud. Early days I enjoyed Ironman and The Winter Soldier, but it's just lazy now - and has been since around the time of the first Avengers movie - Disney pretty much doing the same with Stat Wars too.

I'm enjoying angry comic-book nerd reactions to Scorcese, Spielberg and now Ridley Scott shitting on Marvel. It's good to hear people not be afraid to mention how much they are spamming cinemas (and streaming) with repetitive crud. Early days I enjoyed Ironman and The Winter Soldier, but it's just lazy now - and has been since around the time of the first Avengers movie - Disney pretty much doing the same with Stat Wars too.
I suppose with Marvel, even though its getting repetitive, it is bringing in new characters and following the comics. I enjoy it to a degree however I dont really like where they are taking it now.

Stars Wars feels like they are just making stuff up to keep it going.

Quite enjoyed Wandavision (after the first episode when you figure out what was going on), most of What If and Loki tbh.
I actually think the shows are more interesting than the movies at this point. Black Widow wasn't great, Shang Chi was just ok and supposedly Eternals is trash.

I suppose with Marvel, even though its getting repetitive, it is bringing in new characters and following the comics. I enjoy it to a degree however I dont really like where they are taking it now.

Stars Wars feels like they are just making stuff up to keep it going.

Don't get me wrong, if it's your thing then whatever - different strokes and all that. I'm more of the opinion it just seems to be encouraging lazy cinema/TV.

Quite enjoyed Wandavision (after the first episode when you figure out what was going on), most of What If and Loki tbh.
I actually think the shows are more interesting than the movies at this point. Black Widow wasn't great, Shang Chi was just ok and supposedly Eternals is trash.

I haven't been able to get past an episode of the shows and I've fallen asleep in the past 4-5 movies.

It's obviously more of a reflection on me becoming an angry old man than anything else but then again I feel like these movies/shows are pushing out original content as they don't make the same dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back