Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 28, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Reading FC
Quite enjoyed Wandavision (after the first episode when you figure out what was going on), most of What If and Loki tbh.
I actually think the shows are more interesting than the movies at this point. Black Widow wasn't great, Shang Chi was just ok and supposedly Eternals is trash.
Eternals just wasnt required. It doesn't even look interesting.

Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
I haven't been able to get past an episode of the shows and I've fallen asleep in the past 4-5 movies.

It's obviously more of a reflection on me becoming an angry old man than anything else but then again I feel like these movies/shows are pushing out original content as they don't make the same dollars.
Try not watching them at nap time? :D

Honestly though once you get into them the shows so far have been decent, they obviously have more time than the movies to create some character depth and tell a story.

Eternals just wasnt required. It doesn't even look interesting.

Eternals was an ambitious project, and really sticks out like a sore thumb compared to the other movies for it's tone.

It actually felt more like a DC movie than a Marvel movie

I'm curious to see how it fits in to Kevin Feige's over arching vision for the whole MCU.

Eternals is important for Disney because they can finally say they've had gay/disabled/all these different races in the MCU and not really matter when these films are banned in Russia/Saudi Arabia because of it.

I did say to my wife that the name of the the movie should have been called 'Diversities' rather than Eternals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

December 2 I think.

I think the experience will be far better in the cinema.

Oh yeah definitely, agree 100%. I think not being into the story as much personally make the difference between paying and making the effort or not. I still remember the David Lynch version and how bad that was - this one already looks infinitely better.

Yep. Its Ryan Reynolds playing Ryan Reynolds plus the Rock in his usual brick shithouse routine. Its ok but nothing special.

So basically every role he plays, which I refer to as: The good looking, smart talking tough guy with a heart of gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back