Banter RDT 164 - Sway, Duck, Whack

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talking about China, hows that tennis player that went missing after she revealed she was sexually harrassed by some government official. I'm sure she is being "re-educated".
I think it was worse in that she alleged that the Party official actually sexually assaulted her.

I always suspected that the Sizzler restaurants I loved as a child were destroyed from within by the communists.

Pizza Hut and KFC were at least.

But to be fair, all you can eat buffets at either of these establishments was a poor business model.

I’m keen to buy a pressure cleaner to wash my car. One with a foam cannon assuming you can buy foam cleaner that actually works as well as hand washing. Anyone got one / any recommendations?

I’m keen to buy a pressure cleaner to wash my car. One with a foam cannon assuming you can buy foam cleaner that actually works as well as hand washing. Anyone got one / any recommendations?

I've got a Gerni HPW. Has done the job so far. Don't put it too close to your car, it'll strip s**t if you've got rock chips on plastic etc.

Don't have a snow foamer yet, though I want one. I get the impression it only really works if you do it regularly. You may need to hand wash to get the car clean and then maintain with weekly foam seshs. Also, a really good clay bar, cut and wax will help keep the car clean and allow the foam to work.

I've got a Gerni HPW. Has done the job so far. Don't put it too close to your car, it'll strip sh*t if you've got rock chips on plastic etc.

Don't have a snow foamer yet, though I want one. I get the impression it only really works if you do it regularly. You may need to hand wash to get the car clean and then maintain with weekly foam seshs. Also, a really good clay bar, cut and wax will help keep the car clean and allow the foam to work.
Cheers. Yeah I kinda thought that might be the case re the foam cleaner. I need to re clay mine, it’s been neglected af recently.

But to be fair, all you can eat buffets at either of these establishments was a poor business model.
Are you telling me that there were all-you-can-eat KFCs at one point?

We had an all you can eat Pizza Hut in my hometown. I skipped school one day when I was 13 with some mates to head down there for lunch. For each slice we ate, we put two in small freezer bags & into a backpack. My mate (from a pretty poor family) took it all home and ate pizza for a whole week. The business model is bad enough, let alone when this sorta thing was going on lol.

Pretty sure I was personally responsible for the closure of at least two all-you-can-eat Pizza Hut places in the southern suburbs in the late 1990s.

Are you telling me that there were all-you-can-eat KFCs at one point?

We had an all you can eat Pizza Hut in my hometown. I skipped school one day when I was 13 with some mates to head down there for lunch. For each slice we ate, we put two in small freezer bags & into a backpack. My mate (from a pretty poor family) took it all home and ate pizza for a whole week. The business model is bad enough, let alone when this sorta thing was going on lol.

Yeah they launched it in Cannington about 1999. It legit lasted a fortnight before they changed it to "buy chicken per piece and then the rest of the buffet is all you can eat". Everyone was just taking containers in bags and taking chicken home with them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah as usual with me I’m tossing up between going something cheap like this or going all out.

Came down to how often I thought I would use it and for other stuff around the house as well for me. So didn't think i'd get value for money with some of those other units, even if they do have more power and came with more attachments.

The Ryobi with this additional attachment will cover most of my needs

Yeah as usual with me I’m tossing up between going something cheap like this or going all out.

Just go a bit below all out, otherwise you get the cheaper one and it shits itself and you have to replace it anyway.

Bought this one from Bunnings and does the job well

Has a built in tank for soap and it won't break the bank either. You can get different attachments for it also
Had one of those and didnt break the bank, it just broke. Not a fan of the ryobi stuff and the detergent tank didnt work unless using low pressure (no nozzlee). Have since brought a Gerni with all the attachments for around the $250 mark and am impressed with it for the price point. Has a nozzle fitting with detergent tank that is also adjustable. Stops the detergent going through the machine. Would reccommend although longetivity hasnt been tested as yet.

Will you use it to clean brew gear, bbq, windows, driveway, alfresco etc? If so, spend a bit more.
Yeah the other reason I want it is to clean the tiles on the balcony and wouldn’t mind doing the concrete garage floor if i can (brew spills)

Yeah the other reason I want it is to clean the tiles on the balcony and wouldn’t mind doing the concrete garage floor if i can (brew spills)

Shame on you! Every beer stain tells a story, it is the soul of the brewery!

Edit: Dazzler got in first, good to see consensus. Is anything sacred anymore?

So that woman who attributes her long life to Emu Export, you have to ask if it was really worth it. I don't drink but if I did I still wouldn't drink that.

So that woman who attributes her long life to Emu Export, you have to ask if it was really worth it. I don't drink but if I did I still wouldn't drink that.
Some absolute creature came into the pub where my mate works at the other night and demanded a pint of Emu Export and was genuinely shocked when she was told that the Irish pub she was at does not have any Emu Export.

Don’t think I’ve ever seen Emu on tap anywhere either.

Some absolute creature came into the pub where my mate works at the other night and demanded a pint of Emu Export and was genuinely shocked when she was told that the Irish pub she was at does not have any Emu Export.

Don’t think I’ve ever seen Emu on tap anywhere either.

I worked at a pub up until about a year ago - this place had some dirty shite on tap but Export only available in tins. Swan Draught was on tap and wouldn't be far off that cat's piss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back