Banter RDT 165 - A Remorseless Eating Machine kthnx xoxoxo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christmas sucks. Everything is busy and I am expected to buy things I don't want to buy and see people I don't want to see.

Get your family to institute secret Santa. Cuts down on the present-buying dramatically. One present instead of however many rellies you normally buy for.

Unfortunately it also cuts down on the present-getting. But you can use the money you saved from not buying presents for everyone to buy yourself stuff you actually want.

Get your family to institute secret Santa. Cuts down on the present-buying dramatically. One present instead of however many rellies you normally buy for.

Unfortunately it also cuts down on the present-getting. But you can use the money you saved from not buying presents for everyone to buy yourself stuff you actually want.

We did this, upped the budget for the gifts from $40 each to one $100 present. Still saved money and get a kick ass gift.

We started using Elfster for our family's Secret Santa and haven't looked back.

Draw get's done automatically, and people put in a wish list of stuff they want with an online link to purchase it.

So much easier and you get a better quality present, rather than multiple smaller shittier ones. (There's only so many Lynx Africa gift packs a person needs)

Last edited:

Goroyals22

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 29, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
We did this, upped the budget for the gifts from $40 each to one $100 present. Still saved money and get a kick ass gift.

To get the required number of family arguments at xmas up the anti on your secret santa and go all in yankee swap style.. its turned out like this in my workplace also when we do it but instead of the ipod its usually the firemans calendar.. sad side effect of working with mostly middle aged females.

Die Hard
Home Alone
The Grinch
A Christmas Carol
It's a Wonderful Life
Polar Express
Christmas Vacation
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Scrooged
A Moody Christmas
Just Friends
Jingle All the Way
Love Actually (for the wife)
Bad Santa

In no particular order. Tell me what I missed.

Christmas TV episodes > Christmas movies

Community had a couple of rippers.

There's definitely some great TV show episodes, Futurama comes to mind. A Moody Christmas is excellent.

Community got weird and depressing by the third - it was a claymation about Abed. No thanks.

There's definitely some great TV show episodes, Futurama comes to mind. A Moody Christmas is excellent.

Community got weird and depressing by the third - it was a claymation about Abed. No thanks.
Abed's Uncontrollable Christmas is a masterpiece, and I won't hear a bad word about it.

Abed's Uncontrollable Christmas is a masterpiece, and I won't hear a bad word about it.
lost.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back