Banter RDT 167 - Proof of Vaccination Required

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 10, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Toronto Maple Leafs
Seeing the Wildcats and the Scorchers dominate on the road tonight under tough conditions just further emphasises for me how mentally soft the Eagles have been last two years
I've been sleeping on the Cats, but watching the Scorchers get on with it over the past two months compared with the Eagles effort in then hub in 2021...

Laurie Evans was on the mic last night and mentioned how tight knit the group are, so I wonder where the tension was with the Eagles that they couldn't reach the same level of cohesion.

DanWCE

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Pretty silly that The Wiggles playing someone else's song is apparently the best song of the year.

I guess it sums up how 2021 was ultimately a pretty poor year for music.

So many kids trying to be different and edgy by voting for The Wiggles ended up making them not different at all, and this is the result.

At least my 3 year old liked the finish. He sent it when #1 played.

Sep 28, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Reading FC
Always tended to be alternative stuff. Some of it made it onto commercial radio, eventually, but I would never have described JJJ as mainstream.
You go back through the lists in the 90s and there are a lot of pretty mainstream bands and songs in there. Whether the song starts on triple J or not is sort of irrelevant. With social media and streaming, people are onto songs pretty quickly now so they dont necessarily sit on triple j for 12 months before they get out.

Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
You go back through the lists in the 90s and there are a lot of pretty mainstream bands and songs in there. Whether the song starts on triple J or not is sort of irrelevant. With social media and streaming, people are onto songs pretty quickly now so they dont necessarily sit on triple j for 12 months before they get out.
Yeah, exactly. The industry, like movies, TV series, etc, is so fragmented now. It works entirely differently. Those of us whose youth is receding into the distance just have to accept this crazy new world.

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Like a versions shouldn't be counted in the countdown. Should be for new music only.
Been the same for a few years now. Triple J hypes up Like a Version so much it’s no wonder listeners all vote for them. Plus everything is a cover/remake these days, whether it’s music or movies.

Sep 10, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Toronto Maple Leafs
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back