Banter RDT 167 - Proof of Vaccination Required

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oh did I mention the largest part of the principle materials in the battery system can just be melted down and rebuilt. Or that it converts excess energy into Hydrogen to repower the unit and vents pure oxygen into the atmosphere.
Cheers mate

Now Dylan Alcott, great broke, inspirational but in comparison to a change the world clean Hydrogen based battery system with private and commercial application. It's a no brainer.

Or maybe someone wants to tell me how Steve Waugh (my sporting idol growing up) won Australian of the year over the creators of google maps?

Or how Cathy Freeman won it in 1998 instead of (you can go hard on me for this) John Howard for the gun buyback scheme. He literally had to fight his own coalition government and the states to get it done. Not one massacre since and 650000 (mostly unlicenced) firearms off the streets. It has then led to further amnesty's and gun buybacks as gun laws changed. Actually if you want to see what Howard got done in 97 it's pretty *iing impressive.

Now Dylan Alcott, great broke, inspirational but in comparison to a change the world clean Hydrogen based battery system with private and commercial application. It's a no brainer.

Or maybe someone wants to tell me how Steve Waugh (my sporting idol growing up) won Australian of the year over the creators of google maps?

Or how Cathy Freeman won it in 1998 instead of (you can go hard on me for this) John Howard for the gun buyback scheme. He literally had to fight his own coalition government and the states to get it done. Not one massacre since and 650000 (mostly unlicenced) firearms off the streets. It has then led to further amnesty's and gun buybacks as gun laws changed. Actually if you want to see what Howard got done in 97 it's pretty fu**iing impressive.
There’s some pretty head scratching selections over the years including a disproportionate amount of sports people but Geoffrey Rush might just be the oddest of the lot

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And it's not like Mr Batteries can't be next year's Australian of the Year :think:

Seriously, it's from the period of selection. One is a guy who plays tennis in a wheelchair where the ball can bounce twice on the ground. The other is a group of people with a lead on the project that has successfully applied and brought to market home sized, generation lasting battery technology that was considered impossible outside of massive scale. We're talking about quite possibly the greatest invention and then future innovation of mankind for a decade or even this century to date.

A 300-500 qubit supercomputer able to operate at room temperature and fusion energy at the efficiency level of the sun but on a scale of use to mankind are literally the only two things I can think of that would surpass the generational level of jump we're talking here.

We're basically looking at first draft / first commercial use here. They can also be daisy chained. Look at what Tesla has been able to do in a decade. Take this as proof of plan and apply the scale of growth that Tesla has achieved in a decade and apply the same result. Sure the chances of that happening are slim, but if it does we're talking about green power storage for the entire world that is almost fully recyclable and has net negative greenhouse emissions.

Rather than production emissions, recycling and battery density being the problems we're now talking about a bottleneck of efficiency of solar panel arrays, inverters, turbines etc and the production of green energy being the issue rather than storage.

I think it's nice that we recognise people that otherwise wouldn't receive broad recognition for AoTY and at least we pretend these are the values we cherish as a nation. 🤷‍♂️

Still, Jack Darling, a bit stiff.

This is both incredibly an disingenuous and disrespectful way to describe the Australian of the Year.

Well if the truth hurts, those are the rules of the game he plays. Oh and the tour he plays in is almost fully subsidised by the earnings of the mens tour.

He's used his success in that platform very well but if there wasn't a full year of media jizz about him because of his disability he wouldn't have even been nominated.

In the same period I paid more child support to 1 child and more federal income tax to the government than he paid in all expenses. His 'Foundation' is sitting on 200k and in the last financial year paid out 24k in grants whilst receiving 150k from events and donations. All whilst sitting on a balance sheet of over 200k.

His foundation is a joke.

You know thow people who harrass you on the street and in shopping centres etc for charities whether it be monthly donation signups or even 5 dollar raffle tickets. They get paid * all and half the money goes to helping people. They are on the ground doing it every day and more than half of them are competent at it to provide said charities they are doing it for more as 1 person than his foundation provided in grants.

So those hecklers, scoundrels and whatever else people think of them provide more to the community than Dylan Alcott's foundation. Each.

Well if the truth hurts, those are the rules of the game he plays. Oh and the tour he plays in is almost fully subsidised by the earnings of the mens tour.

He's used his success in that platform very well but if there wasn't a full year of media jizz about him because of his disability he wouldn't have even been nominated.

In the same period I paid more child support to 1 child and more federal income tax to the government than he paid in all expenses. His 'Foundation' is sitting on 200k and in the last financial year paid out 24k in grants whilst receiving 150k from events and donations. All whilst sitting on a balance sheet of over 200k.

His foundation is a joke.

You know thow people who harrass you on the street and in shopping centres etc for charities whether it be monthly donation signups or even 5 dollar raffle tickets. They get paid fu** all and half the money goes to helping people. They are on the ground doing it every day and more than half of them are competent at it to provide said charities they are doing it for more as 1 person than his foundation provided in grants.

So those hecklers, scoundrels and whatever else people think of them provide more to the community than Dylan Alcott's foundation. Each.
This whole fixation seems a bit unnecessary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back