Banter RDT 167 - Proof of Vaccination Required

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My point of this is that there are literally thousands, probably even hundreds of thousands who have provided more to Australia in the last year than Dylan Alcott. It's an award called Australian of the year so I would like to see deserving winners. Not seeing it handed out as a public puff piece.

I'd go as far as saying almost every Firey in Australia has put up with more and done more for our nation in the last year than Alcott. That's just one profession.

My point of this is that there are literally thousands, probably even hundreds of thousands who have provided more to Australia in the last year than Dylan Alcott. It's an award called Australian of the year so I would like to see deserving winners. Not seeing it handed out as a public puff piece.

I'd go as far as saying almost every Firey in Australia has put up with more and done more for our nation in the last year than Alcott. That's just one profession.
Sure there's loads of people who contribute a hell of a lot to this country, you could say the same thing pretty much every year.
Doesn't mean you need to s**t all over this bloke, I doubt he asked to be given the award.

Sure there's loads of people who contribute a hell of a lot to this country, you could say the same thing pretty much every year.
Doesn't mean you need to sh*t all over this bloke, I doubt he asked to be given the award.

I'm a man who stands on principle. If i was nominated and didn't think I was deserving (which I don't) I wouldn't accept. I haven't danced around this, I made one mistake and I apologised as soon as I found out. I feel sorry for those truly deserving.

I'm a man who stands on principle. If i was nominated and didn't think I was deserving (which I don't) I wouldn't accept. I haven't danced around this, I made one mistake and I apologised as soon as I found out. I feel sorry for those truly deserving.
Well it makes you come off as a bit of a dick tbh.
And I doubt those people you feel sorry for give much of a s**t about winning it anyway.

This is the weirdest line in the sand I have ever seen drawn.

Really, the weirdest line in the sand is someone standing up and saying that the Australian of the year award should go to the most deserving person. All i've done is backed my opinion on this years winner with 100% truths (apart from one thing i got wrong which i apologised for which was that he didn't have a major issue with one upper limb) and full financials.

I even went to the point of providing an example of something generated in Australia in the last 12 months (with evidence) that is truly revolutionary and has the ability to change the world and suggested that they were more deserving.

I even denigrated by childhood/teenage sporting idol in saying that he wasn't a deserving winner in the year he won again suggesting two people who created something that has changed the world were more deserving.

I for one won’t rest until Australian of the Year is awarded to a gay, paraplegic, dyslexic, lesbian, homeless, Indigenous, bisexual, Muslim, blind, Fremantle supporting, transgender, terminally ill, illiterate, pregnant and deaf double-amputee Vietnam veteran.
I know we have to be careful about what we say these days but I'm happy to continue oppressing Fremantle fans

It's weird because Australian of the Year is, and always has been, a cheap title awarded based on political priorities. Grace Tame won last year because the Coalition wanted to look like they cared about women (and it backfired so they've gone with the nice, safe athlete and hope that no one in the party is caught on camera dropping a disabled slur). Can anyone even name who won it in 2020 without looking it up? It's been awarded to The Seekers and Alan Bond. Multiple Australian Test captains have won it. Geoffrey Rush. It's not the Victoria Cross, it's a publicity stunt. And it's not even the only award given out, there's a massive honours list. So yes, it's a bit weird to write the equivalent of an essay slamming this year's winner for not having a successful enough charity and playing a form of tennis that allows the ball to bounce twice.

But let's focus on something worth celebrating: the great taste of Charleston Chew!

282247.gif

I mean if you're going to argue about something on the internet, make it about something important. Like who the best captain of the Enterprise was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back