Banter RDT 172 - Switching to wrestling chat. Not really Full Stop

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back to tech talk - having trouble with the WiFi on my laptop. I know it's not the WiFi itself/router because every other device connected to it is fine. It's been dropping out on my laptop on and off for two weeks. Sometimes it can pick up other signals but not mine. Mostly it can't pick up any. I've tried updating the network adapter but it hasn't fixed it. I have also reset it twice today alone so your smart ass response is pre-empted.

Laptop is a Dell, about 7 years old. I'd assume it was a hardware issue but I can't work out why it sometimes can pick up the neighbours' WiFi but not the one two metres away.

Something like this might be the way to go

If you don't want to spend the cash on a new laptop

Just sounds like the WiFi adapter itself is on the way out on your current machine

Just sounds like the WiFi adapter itself is on the way out on your current machine

Yep. Had this problem too. HP laptop probably around the same age.

My TV is so old and crappy it can't actually pick up any channels anymore and I still refuse to replace it, why would I replace an otherwise functional laptop?
Are you on the [REDACTED] Coast [REDACTED]'s selection committee?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for the suggestion, it's working a charm.

People involved in professional sports really need to learn to stay away from the Hip-E Club.
High performance coach. From interstate. Viciously bashed.

I'd be looking at WCE S&C staff tbh.

Purely so Fyfe doesn’t have to travel down to Gracetown any time he wants to catch some waves.
Boring aside; I’ve surfed (on various occasions) with Fyfe, Stephen Hill, Darling, Dangerfield and Jamieson. They are all absolutely s**t aside from Jamieson who can genuinely go (and I say that as a pretty s**t surfer myself). Filthy Phil Reid is decentish in bigger stuff as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back