Banter RDT CLXVVIX - Forward Press Down

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hard to argue.

The time he pissed Dunstall off is still quality though.
A single moment in the 20 year run.

I will confess I used to watch it weekly in the mid to late 90s, as the only other footy show coverage was talking footy at 10:30pm on a Monday night with Bruce Macavaney and it was 90% him gargling Wayne Carey's jizz. Every week, staying up til 11pm to watch TFS just to see them cover the Eagles game in the last 2 minutes and blatantly rush through it and give it no respect coz they were running late then end the show. At least there's more of a variety these days with podcasts available too.

I didn't mind the footy show. Thought Crawf and Sam Newman had a pretty funny dynamic. Fats was good on there too. Amongst all the absolute trash were some great moments like Crawfs ride for charity, and the constant piss taking of Garry Lyon on the stretcher. And that Gary the Goat thing that used to get a run pretty frequently. Basically I hate Garry Lyon.

The Footy Show was great viewing for teenage Dazzler from 1994 to about the late 90s. I don't know whether I just grew up or the show turned to garbage thereafter. Maybe a mix of both.

Saw Newman being a bigot and segments like Street Talk were funny at the time - but nowadays neither would fly and for good reason.

That spoof of Bold and the Beautiful they did (forgot the name) had genuinely amusing bits solely because it was good-natured and tended to punch up instead of punching down (I remember when Molly Meldum was a guest actor who dressed flamboyantly and walked onto the bedroom set and Shane Crawford's character said 'it looked like you just came out of the closet').

Saw Newman being a bigot and segments like Street Talk were funny at the time - but nowadays neither would fly and for good reason.

That spoof of Bold and the Beautiful they did (forgot the name) had genuinely amusing bits solely because it was good-natured and tended to punch up instead of punching down (I remember when Molly Meldum was a guest actor who dressed flamboyantly and walked onto the bedroom set and Shane Crawford's character said 'it looked like you just came out of the closet').
Back when calling people a "NTTAWWT" was socially acceptable. I remember TFS using that slur repeatedly.

I didn't mind the footy show. Thought Crawf and Sam Newman had a pretty funny dynamic. Fats was good on there too. Amongst all the absolute trash were some great moments like Crawfs ride for charity, and the constant piss taking of Garry Lyon on the stretcher. And that Gary the Goat thing that used to get a run pretty frequently. Basically I hate Garry Lyon.
I absolutely loved the piss taking of Lyon, it really got under his skin and I'm in the same boat, CANNOT stand the pr!c.

Is it a coincidence that 2 of the better footy entertainment shows in recent years (Front Bar and Before the Game) featured no past players as hosts, and actual entertainers/comedians.

Past players in the media attempting any type of light hearted/comedic content is 90% cringe.
The comedian who is also a footy fan is a winning formula.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you’re looking for nuffies who are occasionally funny and also occasionally drinking while they talk about footy, there’s a show on Thursday nights I can suggest to you.
The Keyser Soze school of podcasting

Schoieys not bad at droppings quick little funnies, does it a bit like Dennis C used to do when commentating, drop a witty line then quickly move on, not try to milk it at all, done with style.

When somebody wakes from a coma, about 12 or so hours later they would get tired and need to fall asleep and lose consciousness again.

That must be scary for everyone involved.
Yes yes it would

What an oddly specific scenario though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back