Banter RDT CLXVVIX - Forward Press Down

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know when you want someone to go to sleep and not wake up ? To ease their pain ? Or is it to ease my pain ? Had that conversation with a care practitioner today. Makes you look at life a little differently. Funny, of all the forums I thought of, Some of the crew on here have been the most compassionate. Sorry crew, football forum.
Hope you're ok...

You know when you want someone to go to sleep and not wake up ? To ease their pain ? Or is it to ease my pain ? Had that conversation with a care practitioner today. Makes you look at life a little differently. Funny, of all the forums I thought of, Some of the crew on here have been the most compassionate. Sorry crew, football forum.

It’s a terrible situation that there’s no good answers for

Hope you’re doing as best as can be and don’t feel bad for hoping for suffering to end

When told my mother had 2 weeks to live I didn't know what to expect. I still lived at home at that point, and somewhere around the 4th night she stopped recognising me and spent most of the evenings in terrible pain and crying out. About night 7 I started wishing for her to go - and I honestly can't tell you if it was coz I wanted her to be free of it, or coz I couldn't do it anymore. The next morning she had passed.

The guilt still bothers me today and I don't think I've ever told anybody that. However, know you're not the first and won't be the last to wonder and in a way it's kind of natural. Nonetheless I'm sorry for what you're going through.

Last edited:

When told my mother had 2 weeks to live I didn't know what to expect. I still lived at home at that point, and somewhere around the 4th night she stopped recognising me and spent most of the evenings in terrible pain and crying out. About night 7 I started wishing for her to go - and I honestly can't tell you if it was coz I wanted her to be free of it, or coz I couldn't do it anymore. The next morning she had passed.

The guilt still bothers me today and I don't think I've ever told anybody that. However, know you're not the first and won't be the last to wonder and in a way it's kind of natural. Nonetheless I'm sorry for what you're going through.
As a family we decided a "do not resuscitate request" for my farther was the most humane thing we could do for similar reasons, felt so horrible after singing it, I actually threw up when I was alone later that evening, but knew it would be definitely what he wanted, he wasn't living towards the end, was just existing, no quality of life whatsoever.
It was 100% the correct decisions and I know for sure it would have been his request had he been capable.

Random by name and nature.
There's nothing wrong with wanting your family member's pain to end, mate

Well this makes up for Travers leaving

Hopefully has a less controversial time in Perth than his old man did
His Dad was my favourite player as a kid. I wore number #5 the whole time I played...until his crimes came out. Then I played in #12 for no particular reason until I became a broken down old man and stopped.

"The guilt still bothers me today and I don't think I've ever told anybody that." Went through it with my brother in law 5 years ago, supporting my wife. 3 months later was in the room as the morphine pump was attached to my father and the lonely hours as we watched him die ( no easier way to say it ) 4 months later the almost identical thing with my father in law ( two days before Christmas day ) now again with my mother . Life can be cruel.

Bender_
No guilt mate , Normal human emotions. cheers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Late to convo but Into The Black & Bender_ I may not know you IRL, but you and the rest of you peeps are MASSIVE parts of my life. Thank you for opening up and sharing your pain and story.

This is a safe place for all.

My PMs are always open to each and everyone of you.

Much love

✌🏽

Soz for getting dark, peeps.

Currently stuck in a parking building and haven't moved for 25 minutes after seeing Michael McIntyre at RAC Arena. Gonna start flipping cars soon.
Wifey going tonight. Yeah, where did you park ?

Late to convo but Into The Black & Bender_ I may not know you IRL, but you and the rest of you peeps are MASSIVE parts of my life. Thank you for opening up and sharing your pain and story.

This is a safe place for all.

My PMs are always open to each and everyone of you.

Much love

✌🏽
Why have we never done the great RDT meet up? Perhaps it's a topic for the impending next RDT edition - certainly for those of us Perth metro based.

I know the Freo board did a meet up years ago.

You can tell who skipped Roman numerals in school to recover a stolen lemon tree.
... I suggest you do your RDT homework my son.
The butchering of the roman numerals is a long standing and proudly intentional RDT tradition

... I suggest you do your RDT homework my son.
The butchering of the roman numerals is a long standing and proudly intentional RDT tradition
The one time I think it was Quinz tried to merge all the RDT threads together one drunken Mod Monday, the BF database nearly went nuclear, so we persist with endless sequels well beyond the proper Roman numerability of even the wisest of the moderati.

Or at least that's the story we like to tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back