Banter RDT CLXVVVI - Bender Told Me To

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glass Onion is a massive step back from Knives out

Knives Out was excellent so a massive step back could still be a very good movie.

Excited to watch it soon.

Watched it tonight. Yeah…you were right. It was enjoyable enough but I don’t think there was much going on under the surface. A big step back, I agree.

I also felt cheated because a background character was a returning actor from the first movie (picked it up straight away and checked, the missus owes me a beer). I thought it was going to be the same character/part of some elaborate twist.

Entirely unimportant haha.

Watched it tonight. Yeah…you were right. It was enjoyable enough but I don’t think there was much going on under the surface. A big step back, I agree.
So you're saying
even though it's presented as being densely layered, the centre was in plain sight?

I’d never watched the first one before Glass Onion, so watched them in reverse and I agree with this. First movie had a lot more depth.

I’d never watched the first one before Glass Onion, so watched them in reverse and I agree with this. First movie had a lot more depth.
figured it was gonna be the case when Netflix picked it up

Have they said what actually happened?
He got hit in the heart during the tackle, at just the wrong angle and at just the wrong time (when the heart's valves were open, or something). This is what I heard from a physical therapist online, but seems plausible.
I read the same thing. Apparently a regular weakness of the heart that occurs for barely a millisecond. A bit like the Phil Hughes incident for us although timing was apparently as much a factor for Damar Hamlin as location of the impact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lost was big on planting anagrams throughout the show. In the spirit of the R in RDT, I just made an anagram of OCHRE and LOST.

Solo retch.

Or Retch Solo, Han’s sickly, lesser known brother.

Lost was big on planting anagrams throughout the show. In the spirit of the R in RDT, I just made an anagram of OCHRE and LOST.

Solo retch.
As much as I love your attempt to join in the Lost chat, I don't think anagrams were a big thing in Lost.

Hoffs Drawler and Ethan Rom are the two I can think of but I don't believe there's any others?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back