Banter RDT CLXVVVIII - Scorchers good, Oasis Bad

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Dazzler9 after your recommendation I'm currently about 2 thirds of the way through the 2001 book and it's *en excellent. I watched the movie as a stoned 19 year old and loved it but this is even better. Almost similar genius levels of the Supersonic single by Oasis.

Grazie
Such a good read. Just wait till you get to the stage where those final scenes make sense. The movie and the book really need to be experienced in conjunction with one another, especially given that they were a joint project between Kubrick and Clarke.

Sitting in Perth airport enjoying the hospitality of the Emirates lounge, and walking back from the bar I stubbed my toe. Now the sole on one shoe has parted ways with the upper at the front.

It’s flopping around like a spaniels tongue.

Lovely young lady at reception found some super glue, but I don’t think it’s going to hold for long…

How great is International travel, now it’s back.

Such a good read. Just wait till you get to the stage where those final scenes make sense. The movie and the book really need to be experienced in conjunction with one another, especially given that they were a joint project between Kubrick and Clarke.

The Shining, Full Metal Jacket, 2001, A Clockwork Orange (listed in best to worst order) - some seriously top shelf cinema. He's almost like a broke-arse Noel Gallagher of directors.

Like, your post isn't going to be auto-removed if it's about cricket.

Noel Gallagher said, when once propositioned about how s**t England are at a game they invented when compared to Australia, "who gives a s**t?".

For anyone who enjoys pondering the big cosmic questions, I can recommend the Youtube channel Cool Worlds, created by astronomer David Kipping.

Be warned, it can get mathematically (statistically) technical at times, but there are some mind-blowing episodes in there. But this guy is about to take his seat alongside the great science communicators of our age - Sagan, Cox, Degrasse-Tyson, et al.

If you just want the cliff notes, he was on the Lex Fridman podcast last week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He used a Twisted Sister rip-off in his ads one election, denied it (despite previously trying to get clearance) so they sued him. He testified the song came to him in a dream.

Tune was exactly the same, and he tried arguing that changing the words from “we’re not gonna take it” to “we’re not gonna cop it” made it a different song.

Would have been the easiest copyright infringement case in history.

For anyone who enjoys pondering the big cosmic questions, I can recommend the Youtube channel Cool Worlds, created by astronomer David Kipping.

Be warned, it can get mathematically (statistically) technical at times, but there are some mind-blowing episodes in there. But this guy is about to take his seat alongside the great science communicators of our age - Sagan, Cox, Degrasse-Tyson, et al.

If you just want the cliff notes, he was on the Lex Fridman podcast last week.

I prefer staring at them in awe and not thinking about it. That's why I'm up to 4 visits to the Perth Observatory which is about 10 mins from my place. Coincidentally it's around the 4th album from Oasis that they began to sound stale - and that was Standing on the Shoulders of Giants. Though it does have at least 6 highlights, which is more than most present day Spotify stinking "bands", it was bit below the standard set by such a generational influence like Oasis.

Oh we are such an insignificant speck on the history of the universe. Which is reflected in the masterpiece that is Champagne Supernova by Oasis. We keep thinking we're gonna get away for the summer. But you and I, we live and die and the world keeps spinning around and we don't know why.

Someone please post the tripod bit that shows that all Oasis’ songs are the same.

They may be that Fivey, which means if you like one, then you'd like them all.

You don't have to hate. There's room for all of us.

Those who like Oasis.

And those of us who are completely wrong and should probably follow Fremantle.

Stop being jealous, it's a real turn off.

I'm not worried about my posts being removed. It's just way more fun if Badge doesn't want me talking about cricket in here. But who am I kidding, I'll do it anyway.
Maybe the craziest part of the night, Badge watched some.

Screenshot_20230204-211415~3.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back