Banter RDT CLXXXIV - BigSpeakerbox

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good Luck. Stupid place to have a concert with no parking close by.
Only one entrance/exit too, if it's the place I'm thinking. Madness.

Proposing to the missus that we just walk, she's spitting chips over 5km. Mate 5km is a short walk for me this year haha.

Only one entrance/exit too, if it's the place I'm thinking. Madness.

Proposing to the missus that we just walk, she's spitting chips over 5km. Mate 5km is a short walk for me this year haha.

Main Roads issued a statement on Thursday afternoon stating delays are expected and music fans are urged to allow extra travel time, but the reality of the traffic chaos is reportedly causing people to run from their cars and buses to make it before the pop stars set at 8.30pm.

The Bell Tower Times — a Perth-based news satire page — shared a post of people walking alongside a queue of buses and cars amid fears they will miss a glimpse of the music icon behind the songs Angels and Rock DJ.

Some buses have travelled under 500m in over 30 minutes as satellite images show severe traffic jams along Reid Highway eastbound and Great Northern Highway northbound.

Other buses have bravely overtaken lines of stationary vehicles in a desperate effort to reach the venue while others drop people off kilometres away amid the pile-up.

Multiple buses full of people were still stuck in traffic by 8.30pm as some people are understood to have gone home after waiting for hours.

There are severe delays on Roe Highway westbound near the intersection of Great Northern Highway.

Traffic management is reported to be in place according to a Facebook post by event organisers Mellen Events ahead of the pop-singers sixth return to Australia for his XXV tour.

It comes as the organisers offered free shuttle buses to the concert — the last of which is scheduled to leave from Guildford train station at 8pm.

Robbie Williams fans have flooded social media with complaints about the extended period of time they have been stuck in traffic, with one person claiming they have been waiting for about four hours.

“Left at 4.15pm from Melville. Stuck in traffic now at 8.06pm,” they commented on a The West’s news article while another fan said “I love Robbie but those venues are not good for parking etc.”

I generally listen to albums so I guess it shouldn't be surprising that top songs are all by top artist
ea9bb1fe9058cf8b4ae1838ba1505d26.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will go on record and say I'm not a big fan of the concept of Spotify.

Streaming TV shows I understand - at most you'll watch a show 2-3 times, beyond that you're a super fan which I am about a few shows.

Music albums are different, you'll listen to them 1000 times over. Owning the physical copy allows you to dust of old memories when chucking them on and you own it forever. There's a paranoid part of me that sees Spotify collapsing in the future and I lose access to the music I stopped buying - and that's doubly bad with the players for CDs etc ceasing to exist.

I also remember buying new albums and being excited at the inserts and covers, probably not so much applicable as I'm an old man now but I feel like it's a thing kids are missing out on these days with CDs still being released, but players not being around as much anymore.

The ease of access and being able to make playlists is *en great though. And I assume for fledgling artists like Keys's son it's a great way to get your music worldwide without needing a record deal to produce physical copies.

Bit of an old man rant but yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back