Banter RDT CVXXXI - BigTank

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

High School GIF

It gets a lot of criticism these days but I think people forget just how influential it has been on modern gaming. The writing (and take down of objectivism) was and remains top-notch stuff and I still shiver remembering the big reveal about Atlas and how jaw-dropping it was. If the rest of the game after that point was a bit of a let down it's only because of how massive that moment was. It was almost impossible to follow it up. Also I played it and Dead Space back to back and while Dead Space frightened me more while playing, this was the game that gave me nightmares. It just wormed its way into my psyche.

It gets a lot of criticism these days but I think people forget just how influential it has been on modern gaming. The writing (and take down of objectivism) was and remains top-notch stuff and I still shiver remembering the big reveal about Atlas and how jaw-dropping it was. If the rest of the game after that point was a bit of a let down it's only because of how massive that moment was. It was almost impossible to follow it up. Also I played it and Dead Space back to back and while Dead Space frightened me more while playing, this was the game that gave me nightmares. It just wormed its way into my psyche.

s**t, disregard, misread the title.

For all those banned from BigDaddy, right?

I've played it through 3 times and will still be going back again.

I concur - Dead Space was far more frightening but I absolutely love every facet of Bioshock - setting, atmosphere, story, weapons, characters, gameplay - just sublime

I've played it through 3 times and will still be going back again.

I concur - Dead Space was far more frightening but I absolutely love every facet of Bioshock - setting, atmosphere, story, weapons, characters, gameplay - just sublime

I'm not sure if I want to play the Dead Space remake. I mean, I want to it's just I'm 10 years older now and I'm not confident my heart can take it.

I'm not sure if I want to play the Dead Space remake. I mean, I want to it's just I'm 10 years older now and I'm not confident my heart can take it.

The price has put me off firstly, and apparently the train rides don't break up the game like the original. There's been some improvements in gameplay but I'm not certain I won't to spoil the memory. Also apparently Isaac has a voice which I think ruins the vibe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a Switch and will eventually buy it but (as a cheapskate) it does annoy me that basically none of their top titles are ever available for under $69-79.

I have a Switch and will eventually buy it but (as a cheapskate) it does annoy me that basically none of their top titles are ever available for under $69-79.
Nintendo's philosophy is their games hold their value, so there is no reason to discount them.

Nintendo's philosophy is their games hold their value, so there is no reason to discount them.

I've played enough modern Pokemon games to disagree with them. Have enjoyed Scarlet though. I'm happy to risk $20 on a game that was only OK or has no real replay value, but not $70. I'd buy more of their games if they were cheaper, all they're doing is making me risk averse with purchases.

I've played enough modern Pokemon games to disagree with them. Have enjoyed Scarlet though. I'm happy to risk $20 on a game that was only OK or has no real replay value, but not $70. I'd buy more of their games if they were cheaper, all they're doing is making me risk averse with purchases.
If your switch is the original model and it was bought before 2019 you are able to hack it and run custom homebrew and pirated games on it. You only need a paperclip. Whether you feel comfortable about piracy or not but no chance I'm paying as much as they charge for games even if its a quality game like Zelda.

I get that, several titles probably aren't worth the full price. I've never played Pokemon so can't comment there, but bought BOTW when I got a Switch for the family 2 years back and that was definitely worth the price. Hence the pre-order for TOTK.

That said I don't replay a whole lot of games these days that aren't small ones like FTL or Into the Breach (or Marvel Snap).

Pokemon has gone downhill but there is no denying Nintendo continuously meet expectations with Mario, Zelda, Mario Kart and Smash Bros.

You normally should never pre-order games but I understand those who put their money down already for the new Zelda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back