Random Discussion Thread 133- On Broadway

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

That Mitch Starc delivery to Vince might be the least playable ball I can remember. Not the best ball because a lot of it came from the pitch, but there is no universe where a good batsman avoids getting out bowled or LBW to that.
Yep, utterly unplayable, but its not even the best ball to bowl an English in the second innings of an Ashes test at the WACA in recent memory.

I'll take any excuse to post/watch that clip.

Yep, utterly unplayable, but its not even the best ball to bowl an English in the second innings of an Ashes test at the WACA in recent memory.

I'll take any excuse to post/watch that clip.

That's a better ball for sure, in fact one of my all time favourites. But the angle change on Starcs... that's just the ultimate nightmare ball.

That's a better ball for sure, in fact one of my all time favourites. But the angle change on Starcs... that's just the ultimate nightmare ball.
Unplayable

Very nearly ended in tears and a groundsman being fired. Possibly from a cannon.

But great result in the end. And couldn't be happier for Mitch Marsh to have made a maiden ton at the WACA.

The covers did their best to take out a grounds man today

As good as it is to see the Poms fail, one thing that always disappoints me about international test cricket is how it often seems like one side is struggling for form whilst the other is red hot.

It's so rare that two countries battle it out with at least 9-10 of the players on both sides playing at peak form, not even taking into consideration the massive impact that home ground advantage seems to have.

Whenever there's a big billing it always appears to be the case that one of the sides is rebuilding or carrying cooked senior players and the other is humming along beautifully.

Not many professional sports like it really

As good as it is to see the Poms fail, one thing that always disappoints me about international test cricket is how it often seems like one side is struggling for form whilst the other is red hot.

It's so rare that two countries battle it out with at least 9-10 of the players on both sides playing at peak form, not even taking into consideration the massive impact that home ground advantage seems to have.

Whenever there's a big billing it always appears to be the case that one of the sides is rebuilding or carrying cooked senior players and the other is humming along beautifully.

Yes but 5-0 in an Ashes series is lovely :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's mainly the home ground advantage. When you put good teams at similar conditions you can get some great series- we get that when we play South Africa most of the time.

Prepares pitches and batsmen unable to play in different conditions is widening the gap between home and travelling teams.

It's mainly the home ground advantage. When you put good teams at similar conditions you can get some great series- we get that when we play South Africa most of the time.

Prepares pitches and batsmen unable to play in different conditions is widening the gap between home and travelling teams.
We have a four test series in SA in March. Hopefully it can deliver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back