Roast RE: A-Classification matches --- Message to the club

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 21, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal FC
Hopefully somebody from the club sees this ...

After having to rush to organise tickets hours before the Richmond game, I realised that club are not properly notifying its members on A-classification matches.

There is a massive difference between sitting behind the goals and sitting on the wings on level 3. Yes, I will cough up the extra $14 because I'd rather stay home than sit behind the goals.

So the members must be properly notified of A-classification matches preferably through text and email ...

1- This is not proper notification: http://view.tmclient.ticketmaster.c...76d06757d11&camefrom=EMCL_332272_15292885&r=0

It needs to state explicitly that it is an A-classification match within the graphic. I rarely click into them.

2- When you click into it, and I can assure you without that explicit info most will not, this message is absolute misleading garbage:

MEMBERSHIP
Match-day access
This match is classed as an A-match. Members will still be able to scan into the ground using their membership card.

General admission members can find a seat in any of the designated general admission areas on Level 3.

At least hyperlink "designated general admission areas" and provide a link to this: http://membership.kangaroos.com.au/files/file/Revised Etihad StadiumAgameMap 2014.jpg

Ideally, members need to be notified of the classification before each match. But at the bare minimum, they must be notified of A-classification matches.

I'm sure some members would've scanned in for the Richmond game and would've been furious when they found out they can only sit behind the goals. I acknowledge you work hard to gain members, you need to work just as hard to keep them (and I'm not asking for much here).

Hopefully this is sorted out before the Carlton/Geelong matches.

The whole ticketing system the AFL have been using this year is ridiculous. Before you blow your hard earned $14 though, just be aware that at the Richmond game, despite it being classified an "A" game, you could actually access level 3 gen admin on the wings (just not the first few rows). I think they hope to sell all those wings seats as reserved seats but if sales are slow they'll open them up to gen admin. Looking at reserved seats on sale currently, there aren't any on the docklands wing side available, so I presume they'll be fare game for gen admin on Friday :)
System is confusing though and I could understand if people were turned away as a result. Hopefully they get rid of it next year!

• Banned
The whole ticketing system the AFL have been using this year is ridiculous. Before you blow your hard earned $14 though, just be aware that at the Richmond game, despite it being classified an "A" game, you could actually access level 3 gen admin on the wings (just not the first few rows). I think they hope to sell all those wings seats as reserved seats but if sales are slow they'll open them up to gen admin. Looking at reserved seats on sale currently, there aren't any on the docklands wing side available, so I presume they'll be fare game for gen admin on Friday :)
System is confusing though and I could understand if people were turned away as a result. Hopefully they get rid of it next year!

Category 5 is gen admin for now.

Some category 4 seats may open up closer to gametime but I don't think they anticipated only 30K against Richmond. I'd sure hope for a larger crowd than that this week!

I walked up to the ticketing booth for the Richmond game asking to upgrade as opposed to having to sit behind the goals on level 3 and they had no idea what was going on. The woman serving me had to get up and ask some manager who said I could just use my membership to sit on the wings, just not in the first few rows that were reserved like sketcher said. Hope it's the same case this friday.

• Banned
I walked up to the ticketing booth for the Richmond game asking to upgrade as opposed to having to sit behind the goals on level 3 and they had no idea what was going on. The woman serving me had to get up and ask some manager who said I could just use my membership to sit on the wings, just not in the first few rows that were reserved like sketcher said. Hope it's the same case this friday.

So you're saying I can just use my card to scan in and sit anywhere on level 3 close to gametime?

Alright, I plan to get there around 7.30 so I will try that tomorow then.

So you're saying I can just use my card to scan in and sit anywhere on level 3 close to gametime?

Not anywhere, they had several of the first (closer) rows reserved all along the wings I believe, but anything behind them were free for GA membership card holders to sit in. That was for the Richmond game though. Don't know if it will be different tomorrow night. Probably best to check with one of the staff members in the booths before going in but my guess is it'll be the same.

I have always done this unless its fully ticketed...once even got upgraded to Level 1 for no extra cost...pity was the roof was open and we were facing the blinding sun...moved 15 min mark of 1st Q.

• Banned
Not anywhere, they had several of the first (closer) rows reserved all along the wings I believe, but anything behind them were free for GA membership card holders to sit in. That was for the Richmond game though. Don't know if it will be different tomorrow night. Probably best to check with one of the staff members in the booths before going in but my guess is it'll be the same.

I walked in to Richmond game 20 minutes before bounce, scanned membership.

Nekminit sitting on GA Level 3 wing 6 rows back Docklands side.

Thanks for the tip.

Rocked up at 7.30 - the guy initially tried to charge us extra to upgrade but he checked the computer and he said one wing was all GA (broadcast side).

Means I wasted $21 on the Richmond game. :mad:

Thanks for the tip.

Rocked up at 7.30 - the guy initially tried to charge us extra to upgrade but he checked the computer and he said one wing was all GA (broadcast side).

Means I wasted $21 on the Richmond game. :mad:

Did you avoid the raffle ticket (or wtf they were) being sold outside? I coughed up $10 for 2 tickets. I am a sucker.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back