Re :CASEY IS TOO ATHLETICALLY FAT TO PAY ELITE TENNIS!!

Remove this Banner Ad

I really don't understand how she could be in the shape she is.

She must spend hours running around a tennis court every day.

Wow, Nicole Pratt sure is taking a lot of heat in this thread. I'm not sure which point to address first, but there is no evidence to suggest that that a player with limited ability cannot become a successful coach. In fact, a lot of evidence goes to show that great players quite often do not make great coaches. Who improved Andy Roddick's game more, Jimmy Connors or Larry Stefanki?

What could Brad Gilbert teach Andre Agassi about improving his tennis strokes? Not much, but he could teach him a lot about harnessing his talent, focusing his energies, running out matches, and beating opponents even when they should have his measure. In short, exactly the things Andre needed to improve.

Nicole Pratt was of limited tennis ability, but she was noted for her fiery competitiveness, and her extremely high fitness levels. She could never be accused of not getting every ounce out of her tennis career, and if Casey Dellacqua were looking for a coach to help her improve her main weaknesses, I think Pratt was not the worst place to start.

You can only blame coaches and fitness advisers for a players condition for so long, they don't have 24 hour control over a player. At what point should Casey take some responsibility for her own physical condition?

What the **** is athletically fat?

An athletically fat individual is an slim (non-obese) individual who looks slim, but his or her body fat levels are too high for his or her height and shape. When your body fat levels are too high, the body fat stays around the waist, hips and thighs because the indiivudal does not train properly and eats too much of the right and wrong foods to force the body to store the exces energy as FAT!!

When an athletically fat individual runs a 5 km time trial for example, he or she can improve his or her performance by at least 10 to 20 percent if he or she makes the commitment to reduce his or her body fat levels by consuming the right foods and sports recovery drinks in the right quantities to minimise the excess fat storage process.

When an athletically fat person (a slim person who has high body fat content levels) decides to reduce his or her food and drink consumption whilst undergoing his or her training programme, the fat will start fall off over time. At a certain stage, the individual will feel great and will feel a lot lighter and fitter.

A reduction in body fat will dramatically improve the person's cardiovascular fitness and stamina levels. THe individual will improve his or her performance by at least 10 per cent.

So, in conclusion to all of those people who are very ignorant in optimum athletic performance, an athletically fat individual is a slim and lean person whose body fat levels are too high for his or her size and specified sport (running, swimming, triathlon, cycling, tennis etc).

Does anyone notice that when AFL players return from the Christmas break, the fitness and rehabilation staff at an AFL club are worried that some of his players will come back with higher body fat content levels? It takes 2 to 4 weeks of specified training and a specified nutritional programme to get the body back to a desired body fat content level!!

THE GOVERNOR

You can only blame coaches and fitness advisers for a players condition for so long, they don't have 24 hour control over a player. At what point should Casey take some responsibility for her own physical condition?

You are absolutely spot on. I have no physical conditioning coach, but I knew I had to step up my fitness & strength levels 12mths ago to be a threat in points tournaments. It didn't take anyone to point it out to me, I just knew it.

Inside Casey would know too, but hasn't been responding to it overly well. Her shoulder injury and eventual surgery is some-what of an excuse, but if she can't get into proper shape for the next major then she is going to go downhill skiiing fast. Professional sport is cut-throat.

An athletically fat individual is an slim (non-obese) individual who looks slim, but his or her body fat levels are too high for his or her height and shape. When your body fat levels are too high, the body fat stays around the waist, hips and thighs because the indiivudal does not train properly and eats too much of the right and wrong foods to force the body to store the exces energy as FAT!!

When an athletically fat individual runs a 5 km time trial for example, he or she can improve his or her performance by at least 10 to 20 percent if he or she makes the commitment to reduce his or her body fat levels by consuming the right foods and sports recovery drinks in the right quantities to minimise the excess fat storage process.

When an athletically fat person (a slim person who has high body fat content levels) decides to reduce his or her food and drink consumption whilst undergoing his or her training programme, the fat will start fall off over time. At a certain stage, the individual will feel great and will feel a lot lighter and fitter.

A reduction in body fat will dramatically improve the person's cardiovascular fitness and stamina levels. THe individual will improve his or her performance by at least 10 per cent.

So, in conclusion to all of those people who are very ignorant in optimum athletic performance, an athletically fat individual is a slim and lean person whose body fat levels are too high for his or her size and specified sport (running, swimming, triathlon, cycling, tennis etc).

Does anyone notice that when AFL players return from the Christmas break, the fitness and rehabilation staff at an AFL club are worried that some of his players will come back with higher body fat content levels? It takes 2 to 4 weeks of specified training and a specified nutritional programme to get the body back to a desired body fat content level!!

THE GOVERNOR

you cant just make up terms.

You cant be slim and lean and have a high body fat levels because if u have high fat levels you not lean are you?

You cant be slim and lean and have a high body fat levels because if u have high fat levels you not lean are you?

I think you have no idea about the processes you have to undertake to perform at your peak physical performance!!

Anyone can be slim and lean and have high body fat levels. Lets look at an average male who is slim, lean and has some body fat around the guts, hips and thighs. This average male is athletically fat. The presence of body fat on any part of your body can hinder your athletic performance.

Lets look at AFL players who come back on January 11 from the Christmas break. THey would have done 3 km time trials in the 9 minute time range for example before Christmas. After Christmas, the fitness conditioning department would put them through their paces, and if they don't complete a 3 km time trial for example in their expected time range; have higher body fat levels after the Xmas break and have put on 1 kg over the break, the fitness-conditioning department would hit the roof!!

Gee, you have no idea on what it takes to get your body to perform to its maximum ability. You are just an average person who does not take his or her fitness routine with an attitude of crossing the Is and dotting the Ts.

In other words, you are not that anal as people who treat their body like a temple to make sure they can do a PB in a triathlon, swim, bike ride and 5 to 10 km run.

THE GOVERNOR

I think you have no idea about the processes you have to undertake to perform at your peak physical performance!!

Anyone can be slim and lean and have high body fat levels. Lets look at an average male who is slim, lean and has some body fat around the guts, hips and thighs. This average male is athletically fat. The presence of body fat on any part of your body can hinder your athletic performance.

Lets look at AFL players who come back on January 11 from the Christmas break. THey would have done 3 km time trials in the 9 minute time range for example before Christmas. After Christmas, the fitness conditioning department would put them through their paces, and if they don't complete a 3 km time trial for example in their expected time range; have higher body fat levels after the Xmas break and have put on 1 kg over the break, the fitness-conditioning department would hit the roof!!

Gee, you have no idea on what it takes to get your body to perform to its maximum ability. You are just an average person who does not take his or her fitness routine with an attitude of crossing the Is and dotting the Ts.

In other words, you are not that anal as people who treat their body like a temple to make sure they can do a PB in a triathlon, swim, bike ride and 5 to 10 km run.

THE GOVERNOR

your full of S#$%TE

You ground breaking theory is that if you have more fat on your body that you need to, then it wil negatively effect your performance as an elite athlete.

Holy F$%k

I thought you would get better the fatter you got!!!

who gives a F#$K about ur gay AS$ 3 min time trials!

your not in the top 10,000 in any sport!

Casey is!

and shes fat! thats her choice. She likes food. Good for her.

She still makes 100 times more than u!! and if your such an expert on the human body do something useful and cure cancer etc.

Instead of whining about crap and pretending you know something.

also my body is in good enough condition to own your a## in any real sport you choose.

how about we start with boxing ?

627537-casey-dellacqua.jpg

Look at those arms flapping!

:eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone can be slim and lean and have high body fat levels.
I always hesitate to respond to your posts because I'm convinced you're the sock of someone playing a highly elaborate practical joke. But are you aware that the word 'lean' actually means 'very little fat'? When you buy lean meat, it means low-fat meat. Not looks-good-in-a-miniskirt-but-is-in-fact-quite-fatty meat.

Are you saying that her fat is athletic ?

What the **** is athletically fat?

A failure of our education system, particularly teachers of English ...

:thumbsu:

Funny thread... mainly because of the assertion you can be both fat and lean, then making up a name for it, then defending that bullshit made up name.

I think we can draw a strong parallel between Casey's conditioning and Governor's intelligence.

Casey's weight and conditioning is a sure sign of lack of commitment and drive... any professional athlete who defends a physique and fitness levels like hers is living in severe denial.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back