• I like it

Votes: 24 53.3%
  • Not fussed

Votes: 16 35.6%
  • I don't like it

Votes: 5 11.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Is this the thread where i can whinge about how s**t our merchandise, and the Cats shop in general is? Good.

Can we petition the club to get a proper New Era range in the shop for 2018? Because the options this year were s**t. I need a new 59fifty with the white G logo and all they had were the rubbish snapbacks this year, and not even in the right colours. One Size Fits All is a lie, some of us need actual sizes to fit around our large brain cases. Stop cheaping out on the hats and get a proper range in the shop. Also, when i go into the cats shop in ******* April and ask when the new beanies will be available and he says "maybe the end of July" you have a problem...The season is half over by then come on.

Also, why is everything in the shop sold a size or two smaller than is advertised? Is it so hard to carry cloths that the more...portly...among us can wear? The 3XL's at the Cats shop are so tight they would struggle to fit on a small child. Especially when they dont offer bigger sizes for most items you are limited to what can be worn on game day. We arent all built like professional footballers, when you say "we've tailored these jumpers to fit perfectly on the players" what i hear is "you're ****** for options in the Cats Shop if you need to wear anything bigger than an XL".

The NFL do it way better, i can fit into an XL when i buy Green Bay gear, much better for my self-esteem. And they offer cloths that i actually dont feel embarrassed about wearing at events/work outings that dont involve a football game. Like, how hard can it be to get a few basic jumpers/hoodies and tee's in the shop? Navy blue with the proper cat logo (not that s**t cat face one we seem to use on everything, i mean the one we use on the players guernseys), or the white G logo from the New Era hats with Geelong Football Club written on it somewhere. Maybe even come up with a nice monogram logo to put on the gear, you know, like a club that's been around for nearly 160 years would have.

And can we please get some proper, basic jackets in the shop, not some fancy wet weave mesh ensemble thing with toggles and cords and 3 different hoods that seem to be hiding in every pocket of the "jacket". I mean actual bomber jackets, like we used to have, with the faux leather arms and the logo on the back. Or maybe a nice varsity style one THAT ACTUALLY FITS THIS TIME and doesnt have a hoodie on it. Because in Geelong, in the middle of winter, layering your cloths is important, and wearing multiple hoods, one under the other, just makes you look stupid.
Get out of my head dude!

Is this the thread where i can whinge about how s**t our merchandise, and the Cats shop in general is? Good.

Can we petition the club to get a proper New Era range in the shop for 2018? Because the options this year were s**t. I need a new 59fifty with the white G logo and all they had were the rubbish snapbacks this year, and not even in the right colours. One Size Fits All is a lie, some of us need actual sizes to fit around our large brain cases. Stop cheaping out on the hats and get a proper range in the shop. Also, when i go into the cats shop in ******* April and ask when the new beanies will be available and he says "maybe the end of July" you have a problem...The season is half over by then come on.

Also, why is everything in the shop sold a size or two smaller than is advertised? Is it so hard to carry cloths that the more...portly...among us can wear? The 3XL's at the Cats shop are so tight they would struggle to fit on a small child. Especially when they dont offer bigger sizes for most items you are limited to what can be worn on game day. We arent all built like professional footballers, when you say "we've tailored these jumpers to fit perfectly on the players" what i hear is "you're ****** for options in the Cats Shop if you need to wear anything bigger than an XL".

The NFL do it way better, i can fit into an XL when i buy Green Bay gear, much better for my self-esteem. And they offer cloths that i actually dont feel embarrassed about wearing at events/work outings that dont involve a football game. Like, how hard can it be to get a few basic jumpers/hoodies and tee's in the shop? Navy blue with the proper cat logo (not that s**t cat face one we seem to use on everything, i mean the one we use on the players guernseys), or the white G logo from the New Era hats with Geelong Football Club written on it somewhere. Maybe even come up with a nice monogram logo to put on the gear, you know, like a club that's been around for nearly 160 years would have.

And can we please get some proper, basic jackets in the shop, not some fancy wet weave mesh ensemble thing with toggles and cords and 3 different hoods that seem to be hiding in every pocket of the "jacket". I mean actual bomber jackets, like we used to have, with the faux leather arms and the logo on the back. Or maybe a nice varsity style one THAT ACTUALLY FITS THIS TIME and doesnt have a hoodie on it. Because in Geelong, in the middle of winter, layering your cloths is important, and wearing multiple hoods, one under the other, just makes you look stupid.

The good hats sell out early and they only make a small batch.

They don't make what you want because fashion is cyclical and what you want is out dated and fat old blokes are not a target market.

Try ebay. I saw an old Fila one on there recently.

Last edited by a moderator:

They don't make what you want because fashion is cyclical and what you want is out dated and fat old blokes are not a target market.

The minimum order requirements from New Era are only 144 units. Surely the club could run a batch of Limited Edition caps, they'd sell 144 easily.

Also good quality basics (t-shirts, hoodies etc) never go out of fashion, all they need to do is keep it plain navy, white or grey with a small logo on the front chest area, with a larger logo on the back and BAM - you have something that will appeal to most demographics.

They are getting more New Era caps this year..

I was after one of the G ones but not the s**t snap back ones, have been informed they expect the new ones to arrive within the fortnight, and they were blown away by the popularity this season so have ordered alot more so they don't sell out

I was after one of the G ones but not the s**t snap back ones, have been informed they expect the new ones to arrive within the fortnight, and they were blown away by the popularity this season so have ordered alot more so they don't sell out
Can you pre order them?

The minimum order requirements from New Era are only 144 units. Surely the club could run a batch of Limited Edition caps, they'd sell 144 easily.

Also good quality basics (t-shirts, hoodies etc) never go out of fashion, all they need to do is keep it plain navy, white or grey with a small logo on the front chest area, with a larger logo on the back and BAM - you have something that will appeal to most demographics.

Id love limited edition.

Your design sounds boring and appealing to most demographics also sounds boring. You can buy generic "basic tee with basic logo" tee shirts at the AFL shop.

My G 3930 is my most favourite hat ever and i was scared they would not come back.

Thanks for the good news.

Considering nearly every woman on the street seems to wear the athletic leggings / pants these day for comfort, I'm surprised we don't see an 'official' AFL brand.

Navy coloured with a white stripe down the side with logo - they'd sell heaps.

(Quickly dashing to a designer and copyright - lawyer, this is my idea goddamit)
Yoga pants/leggings *drools*

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Considering nearly every woman on the street seems to wear the athletic leggings / pants these day for comfort, I'm surprised we don't see an 'official' AFL brand.

(Quickly dashing to a designer and copyright - lawyer, this is my idea goddamit)
Pretty sure the club had some this year... i remember.. uh.. noticing some on 1 of the lovely girls at the Cats shop one day this year
They had the G and done white hoops round one lower leg or something I think

There are some good new things happening with the guernseys, still think the collar looks a bit odd (as it did this year)
Love the use of the Ford script on the back, wish it was in navy blue on the home version (looks great in reverse white on the clash)
Love the clash, probably our best ever.
Still don't like how the top hoop gets cropped over sometimes (probably due to sizing) by the panel that wraps over the shoulder, just seems (or should that be seams :)) unnecessary and creates an avoidable design problem.
The short sleeve T (whether that is JLT, warm up or just supporter wear) looks great.

Ironically I can see us wearing the "clash" version with blue shorts at home more often (forcing the opposition with predominantly dark kits to wear their lighter versions). A bit like what works with Collingwood and now North.

Ironically I can see us wearing the "clash" version with blue shorts at home more often (forcing the opposition with predominantly dark kits to wear their lighter versions). A bit like what works with Collingwood and now North.

I hope not, we are the only light colored club who held true with our jumper, I hope we don't change.

I hope not, we are the only light colored club who held true with our jumper, I hope we don't change.

i agree in many ways, but we rarely get to wear our true home kit at home these days (almost always with white shorts, which is fine i guess)

It does kind of bug me that we seem to be the only club that doesn't appear to have any say, or any right to wear what we want to wear. These days our uniform seems to mostly default to predominately white to accomodate the other mob (who in many cases have created the problem by evolving to "darker" kits)

We do look good in the white, but we even have to wear white topped socks to further enhance the contrast (can't see how that is really necessary). Even against Hawthorn now we never wear our 'home" kit. if wearing white shorts and socks is the price to pay that we almost always wear our traditional guernsey, then i guess it's a good thing, it's more the principal of us not having any right to make other teams wear other strips.

Minor rant done.

AFL endorsed mumble pants.

Back