List Mgmt. 2016 re-signing mission accomplished!

Remove this Banner Ad

Green could be a very good player if he puts his mind to it. I was hoping that a new coach could bring the best out of him but doesn't seem like we will get that chance.
He's had plenty of time to put his mind to it. He's just too lazy to get himself fit enough to be as good as he can be.

Agree.

There are an awful lot of small forwards who take a while before the penny drops about what is required to play at this level. Green has as much talent as anyone on our list but is let down by fitness and workrate. I'd hate to see his talent translate to performance at another club.

On the other hand, talent alone doesn't justify a big pay day.

I'm not sure he is physically capable of every becoming fit enough to be a midfielder.

As poor as he's been this year it looks like we're stuck with him. Let's hope he turns it around, his first year had us all very excited about what he could become. Just goes to show we have nfi why we've been so poor. The players are all signing up means something is going right.

With incentives to get the skinfolds way down

I think that as a player, he has a very high ceiling to become a damaging midfielder as well as a damaging forward. As he once was as a junior. Unfortuantley for mine, he has seemed to regress under Leppa rather than improve. He's got as much potential as anyone on our list. But the time left for him to capitalise on that potential is running out.

I think that as a player, he has a very high ceiling to become a damaging midfielder as well as a damaging forward. As he once was as a junior. Unfortuantley for mine, he has seemed to regress under Leppa rather than improve. He's got as much potential as anyone on our list. But the time left for him to capitalise on that potential is running out.
I agree. I think a lot of it comes down to his fitness levels. He's had a few injuries over the last 2 years too. Missed a lot of the pre season this year I believe

With incentives to get the skinfolds way down
Saw Green out and about the other week and let's just say I hope he goes. Think I might know why his skin folds were so high as well. If it's true which I'm 90% certain because it was pretty obvious and had a few mates also comment on him he's exactly the type of influence we don't want at the club.

Everyone keeps saying that he wants to stay but he hasn't signed.

I reckon he's more likely to be somewhere else. Not sure it's a big loss if he does.
Who's been saying that Green wants to stay?

Yes, he is lazy and overweight but he was still our 2 time leading goalkicker so he can still contribute to the team quite a bit when inform.

He's had plenty of time to put his mind to it. He's just too lazy to get himself fit enough to be as good as he can be.
THe bloke is asking for 400,000 a year and turn to work fat! Did you see in the crib segment. Chocolate blocks and eggs under his bed! Time to wake up. If he isn't commited to his career he certainly isn't committed to our development.

Really pleased that we have locked in Lewy - we will never go anywhere as a Club if we keep losing talented players like him. He has regressed this year but he was the Rising Star in his first year and very impressive. He has the talent to work with and hopefully become something special...no complaints from me.
Good news NO Doubt! WE want as much stability as we can get. These kids can see us rise if we support them and build from within.

Great effort by the Lamberts. In the season from hell they have managed to get so many re signings is a credit to them. Squizzy's first season proves at his best what he is capable of. I thought last season he was decent and if anything he was criticised for short passing and running in circles but we had zero up forward to kick to. This year he seems to have regressed badly and looks devoid of all confidence. He almost looks lost as to what his role is or where he should be positioned. For me he plays best when like in year 1 he floated between wing and half forward and lead into space and stepped through traffic.

Here's hoping a new coach will being the best back out of Lewy. He can be a huge asset if he can get back to his best. But the new coaching staff will need to ride his back about tackling.

As for Green i have been a fan of his in previous years and i thought with some better targets up forward this year he would have a really strong year. Sadly he has been a major disappointment and i cant help but think like many others he just doesn't work hard enough on and off the field. He has speed but somehow he allows the opposition to run out of defence with him trailing behind. He is another who could go to the next level with a better fitness base and being coached how to play his position properly. Whether that happens remains to be seen and i gather he probably wants out and the club probably would be hoping if he did leave to get a pick we could use on one of the Lions academy boys.

THe bloke is asking for 400,000 a year and turn to work fat! Did you see in the crib segment. Chocolate blocks and eggs under his bed! Time to wake up. If he isn't commited to his career he certainly isn't committed to our development.
Certainly loves his munchies.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Overs for Taylor. But our hands are tied.
To attract mediocre players up here (not best 22 at their old club) we have to pay overs.. To keep our own mediocre players we have to do the same.

Take Bastinac - we'd be paying him more to play up here than some of the better mids at north would be getting now.

It really doesn't feel like there is any buy in from our players. I very much get the feeling that our players attitude is a yeah I suppose I'll stick around but I think I'm worth this much, rather than a yep I'm in and I want to be here, fix this club and prove my worth type attitude.

Who's been saying that Green wants to stay?

Yes, he is lazy and overweight but he was still our 2 time leading goalkicker so he can still contribute to the team quite a bit when inform.
Green is great at kicking goals but his speciality is letting his opponents rebound and set up goals. Without going over the stats but I would not be surprised if Greens opponents are involved in producing more goal scoring chains than what Green kicks goals if that makes sense.

Saw Green out and about the other week and let's just say I hope he goes. Think I might know why his skin folds were so high as well. If it's true which I'm 90% certain because it was pretty obvious and had a few mates also comment on him he's exactly the type of influence we don't want at the club.

Loves a footlong sub with extra meat and cheese.

Overs for Taylor. But our hands are tied.
To attract mediocre players up here (not best 22 at their old club) we have to pay overs.. To keep our own mediocre players we have to do the same.

Take Bastinac - we'd be paying him more to play up here than some of the better mids at north would be getting now.

It really doesn't feel like there is any buy in from our players. I very much get the feeling that our players attitude is a yeah I suppose I'll stick around but I think I'm worth this much, rather than a yep I'm in and I want to be here, fix this club and prove my worth type attitude.
I've heard Taylor is on 3x 300

Going on some of the other signings Lewy could have a cracker of a game this weekend. Fingers crossed.

Unfortunately he signed prior to last weekend's game. Not a great sign for a form bump :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back