List Mgmt. Re-Signing Jake Lever

For the last time, do you think Jake Lever will re-sign with Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with all of that.

Reckon the bolded bit has been substantially fueled by is father, who it was reported, also took to social media fuming when Jakey was left out of the team on an occasion.

I'm in the he's gone club.
Don't forget that was under Campo.

You're not a third tall because you lose one on ones, your a third tall because of the way you play or don't have the size imo. No way Hartigan is or was ever a third tall.
That's not what I meant. My point is that how Lever is playing now (because as you said, he's undersized and plays as a 3rd tall well) doesn't mean that he's pigeon-holed to play that way forever and that he can't put on size and improve his one on one stuff.

Hartigan is not a 3rd tall. He doesn't play that role, never has. He mostly is responsible for playing on/closing down a key defender.

Whilst Jake has the height of a KD he typically never plays that role. Hartigan and Talia do all the defensive 1:1 grunt work and Jakey comes over the top for a spoil or mark.....very different role to a true KD.

If he's going to be used as a KD he needs to put on a stack of weight/muscle for a start.

For the role Jake plays he is not worth $800 - $850k........shelling that out for him is pure stupidity.....even more so if we are banking on him developing or improving in that role.
We have more pressing needs to spend that type of coin on.

Given the way Pyke structures up I don't think they have plans for Jake to play as a KD any time soon.

That's not what I meant. My point is that how Lever is playing now (because as you said, he's undersized and plays as a 3rd tall well) doesn't mean that he's pigeon-holed to play that way forever and that he can't put on size and improve his one on one stuff.

Also the Hartigan part wasn't serious as I was using it to prove a point.

I don't get the negativity here. Has given every indication he's staying , even as recently as 5aa interview on Monday . All of his team mates , coach etc have said that they are confident he's staying . This didn't happen with danger . If he's going , then he's trolled us good and proper!
Yes it did. If you want to pretend it didn't happen, that's on you.

I was a little bit thrown by Jake's attitude to being left out of the final last year in 2015 ... it's one thing to be disappointed (completely understandable), but he seems to be hanging onto it pretty hard. Was a little bit of a red flag for me on attitude. "What about me" or "Do you know who I am" style thinking.
What did he say about that? I missed that interview.

The Lever situation explained.

LRXLrGA.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you think he will play again this season? I have my own theory that he's told the club he's leaving and the club wont play him and put games into Keath from here on.....probably 100% wrong lol

Last edited:
Do you think he will play again this season? I have my own theory that he's told the club he's leaving and the club wont play him and put games into Keith from here on.....probably 100% wrong lol
No way. Even if hes told the club hes leaving. We have a chance for a flag and hes one of the best players in our team. Look at dangerfield 2 years ago. Imagine if we dropped him for finals to get games into a young player

Do you think he will play again this season? I have my own theory that he's told the club he's leaving and the club wont play him and put games into Keith from here on.....probably 100% wrong lol

I like the theory (I know it's half tongue in cheek), but perhaps you could see where it fits in with this: (apologies for the size)

Crispian's+Conspiracy+Flowchart.png

Not sure of the size of Collingwoods defence but Talia, Keath and Otten may be too big.

I'd hate to do it to Keath but maybe Doedee would be a better match up this week, or even Seeds, but I can't see it happening.

Menzel blew any chance to replace Betts last week. To maintain pace and pressure up forward I would play Galluci.

Wigg has to come in. If he doesn't he may have the rest of the year off.

Out: Betts and Brad
In: Galluci and Wigg

I got the following from a credible source who actually speaks to his missus. Her teaching contract wasn't renewed as they are going overseas at season's end her work place won't give her annual leave for the amount of time she's requesting. That's it really. She couldn't give a feeling either way whether she's staying or going and it could also just be smart play from Lever's missus to keep their cards close to their chests. She does have a really good friendship group here though.

Not sure of the size of Collingwoods defence but Talia, Keath and Otten may be too big.

I'd hate to do it to Keath but maybe Doedee would be a better match up this week, or even Seeds, but I can't see it happening.

Menzel blew any chance to replace Betts last week. To maintain pace and pressure up forward I would play Galluci.

The weather is looking pretty ordinary too

Almost the same as me except seeds infront of gooch but not too fused either way

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back