List Mgmt. Re-Signing Jake Lever

For the last time, do you think Jake Lever will re-sign with Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He came back to Adelaide and told both clubs to sort it out. He wanted Brisbane to get the best deal and he also held meetings with both Kern and Sando. In the end PA secured his services because they offered a better trade to the Lions and they also offered more money. Polec wasn't really impressed by Sando.
The point is he DID NOT have a preference for either team when he decided to return to Adelaide. Personally I'm glad we missed out.
Whilst Polec spoke to both clubs, he said his preference was always to head to Port.

Both players will eventually nominate the team who is offering the most dollars which is as guaranteed as the sun will set later today, and rise tomorrow. It's also damn stupid to send valuable assets into the draft seeing even a break even collateral can still be used to improve a clubs position.

There is no situation in this sport that the seller is in the box seat.

This is what it comes down to and the sooner we come to understand it the better we'll be. We do need to look at it like a business.

It's a shame because we do an awesome job of finding and developing talent, especially with what we've had to work with over the years.

This is what it comes down to and the sooner we come to understand it the better we'll be. We do need to look at it like a business.

It's a shame because we do an awesome job of finding and developing talent, especially with what we've had to work with over the years.
Now if we can just do a better job at getting value for them when we trade, we might be ok.

Whilst Polec spoke to both clubs, he said his preference was always to head to Port.

Kane... he told us all BS to all of us then. I definitely remember him saying all he wanted was to be back home and the best deal for Brisbane. He had stronger ties to Port through his mates but his best mate was Brodie Smith. Sando didn't impress him as much as Kern did. He trained with both teams as well. There were pics floating around at the time. The reason I remember so clearly is because the pr%%k cost me good money, I hated paying my B-I-L. Worst of all to this day the mongrel never fails to remind me.:mad:

It's not a shame, as it is separates the good clubs from the others. Right now we sit on top of the pile (= to the bulldogs).

Now it's all about getting the finishing pieces if we do trade one/both.

Now if we can just do a better job at getting value for them when we trade, we might be ok.

We get to see if Ried has more of a backbone then Noble when it comes to it seeing this will be the first valuable players he's traded (Lyons was just a get what we can for him kinda deal, but that was a club wise failure).

We're also likely to get teams we want to trade with, instead of Sydney/Geelong/Hawthorn which should help get more value out of a player.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but how Danger wasn't worth two firsts at a minimum is beyond me

And Danger in the team in anyone's book is stronger than not having him, I wish I could justify saying we are better if without him but there is no way to make a positive out of it

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

you needed hindsight to realise that??????

If he is to leave, and for 850K+ then who'd blame him, then we MUST get full value for him. Paying a 22yo that much means clubs badly want him, thus we need to gain some testicular fortitude and dictate our returns

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Losing Jake would be one of the worst things to happen to this football club, playing list wise. Re-signing him is the most important thing in the off-season. I would rather keep him over Gov 100% if it was a choice, hopefully it doesn't come to that.

Jake is an immense talent and we can't afford to lose another important player like him.

He came back to Adelaide and told both clubs to sort it out. He wanted Brisbane to get the best deal and he also held meetings with both Kern and Sando. In the end PA secured his services because they offered a better trade to the Lions and they also offered more money. Polec wasn't really impressed by Sando.
The point is he DID NOT have a preference for either team when he decided to return to Adelaide. Personally I'm glad we missed out.

Every single thing you said in there about trade value is provably wrong. Just wrong. Google it and find out.

Why he chose Port is something we can never know. But he did well before Port and the Lions had a deal.

Polec has never stated anything about the Crows and Sando, as far as I know.

Every single thing you said in there about trade value is provably wrong. Just wrong. Google it and find out.

Why he chose Port is something we can never know. But he did well before Port and the Lions had a deal.

Polec has never stated anything about the Crows and Sando, as far as I know.

So you're telling me he never met with Sando and the Crows hierachy? Or the pics of him training with a few of the guys were BS?

Google often gives the public a sanitized version of what when on.

If he was honest he should have told us all it was Port before he even left on the plane from Brisbane. He never did!

Would not surprise me if Port told him to tease/troll us over Twitter to extend their "Destination Club" spiel...

Anyway, bullet dodged. Laird and Smithers etc are more effective rebounding HBs and we are the best team in the comp at scoring from HB.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back