List Mgmt. Re-Signing Jake Lever

For the last time, do you think Jake Lever will re-sign with Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to say without knowing the cap but this is what i'd expect

Contracted until end 2017
Andy Otten - lowball, but reckon we are more likely to keep and value him as depth.
Cameron Ellis-Yolmen - delist
Dean Gore - delist
Harrison Wigg - delist
Jake Kelly - 350 by 3
Kyle Cheney - delist
Riley Knight - 350 by 3. Below AFL mean and is too valuable to give the Lyons treatment.
Tom Doedee - 1 year deal on minimum

Unknown
Curtley Hampton - still under contract
Harry Dear - delist if out of contract.
Paul Seedsman - still under contract
Troy Menzel - still under contract

You can safely assume no contracted players will be traded, unless someone is seriously desperate to pry them from us.
Wigg had a big day out today. 18 kicks and 27 possessions in total. He must have some worth.

Wigg had a big day out today. 18 kicks and 27 possessions in total. He must have some worth.

It's SANFL so not really, especially considering there are some seriously crippling weakness (speed/size being two of them).

He may get rookied if he's lucky.

Hard to say without knowing the cap but this is what i'd expect

Contracted until end 2017
Andy Otten - lowball, but reckon we are more likely to keep and value him as depth.
Cameron Ellis-Yolmen - delist
Dean Gore - delist
Harrison Wigg - delist
Jake Kelly - 350 by 3
Kyle Cheney - delist
Riley Knight - 350 by 3. Below AFL mean and is too valuable to give the Lyons treatment.
Tom Doedee - 1 year deal on minimum

Unknown
Curtley Hampton - still under contract
Harry Dear - delist if out of contract.
Paul Seedsman - still under contract
Troy Menzel - still under contract

You can safely assume no contracted players will be traded, unless someone is seriously desperate to pry them from us.

Agree but I absolutely wouldn't give Kelly $350k when we also have Doedee on the list. I'd give him $200k maximum and that's being generous.

Otten gets minimum wage like a true depth player. No point keeping depth on even remotely good money.

Agree but I absolutely wouldn't give Kelly $350k when we also have Doedee on the list. I'd give him $200k maximum and that's being generous.

Otten gets minimum wage like a true depth player. No point keeping depth on even remotely good money.

350k may be overs, but I'm coming around to the idea of Kelly being a long term proposition. Tough as nails and doesn't mind getting dirty.

Doedee I feel needs to make the move to the midfield to hopefully force his way in. Should have enough to his game to succeed there.

350k may be overs, but I'm coming around to the idea of Kelly being a long term proposition. Tough as nails and doesn't mind getting dirty.

Doedee I feel needs to make the move to the midfield to hopefully force his way in. Should have enough to his game to succeed there.
Our back 6 could be our back 6 for the next 6 years. I wouldn't change any of them over.

Our back 6 could be our back 6 for the next 6 years. I wouldn't change any of them over.

Providing Lever re-signs at a reasonable price, you can just about lock in our back 6... maybe Keath for Hartigan?

I liked Keath. Already instilled me with more confidence that Kyle (Ian Petrie) Hartigan.
Need to see a bit more of him but there were certainly some impressive things first up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A bit bemused by the sudden undervaluing of Hartigan - hasn't had a fantastic year prior to injury but suddenly he's rubbish now?

Agree he's far from rubbish.

However he's hardly made himself an inked in first 22 player during a period where the team has been very successful and he hasn't had much competition for his spot.

I really like Kyle and I suspect Keath offering him genuine competition for his spot will make him a better player

Keath will pass Hartigan soon IMO.
I know Keath hasn't played footy in ages but class is permanent.
Hartigan is okay.. he's come of the rookie list and worked his but off to get where he is.

Keath was an elite AFL talent. An AIS 2008 scholarship holder.. yeah the cream of the crop.

He was so good at the time that Gold Coast picked him up in their debut season knowing he'd play cricket full time for Victoria that year.

It might take him another year for the body.. but he will gun it IMO.. how many 197cm+ players move like he can in the AFL There's not many, I'd count probably 5.

Without trying to put people offside, I find it interesting that you think he is sacrificing his chance at success if he moves clubs. The Crows are not guaranteed to reach the ultimate and if we use the Dogs as an example, he can cash in financially while going to a club that remains in a premiership window after proving they are capable last year. So if you get given the choice of taking 300k less a season with the same chance of success, why wouldn't you go to the club offering more money.

Without trying to put people offside, I find it interesting that you think he is sacrificing his chance at success if he moves clubs. The Crows are not guaranteed to reach the ultimate and if we use the Dogs as an example, he can cash in financially while going to a club that remains in a premiership window after proving they are capable last year. So if you get given the choice of taking 300k less a season with the same chance of success, why wouldn't you go to the club offering more money.
Where did the figure of $300K come from? Media reported that the Dogs offered him $4.25M over 5 years. I didn't think any contract figures that Adelaide offered had been shared in the public domain?

Melbourne are also allegedly very interested. Personally I'd think that they were just as much chance of being successful in the next 2-5 years.

I don't get people being impressed by Keith on Friday night. I was actually fairly unimpressed.

Hartigan is still way ahead of him in my opinion. I don't see a long term AFL player.

Hope he proves me wrong.

Just because he's a long term proposition, doesn't mean we need to give him a crazy contract

I don't get people being impressed by Keith on Friday night. I was actually fairly unimpressed.

Hartigan is still way ahead of him in my opinion. I don't see a long term AFL player.

Hope he proves me wrong.
It was his first game and he showed some smarts in a few crucial contests.

Something definitely to work with at least.

Just because he's a long term proposition, doesn't mean we need to give him a crazy contract

350 isn't a crazy contract, might be a touch high for someone like Kelly, but even then it's still under the mean AFL wage.

What position at the dogs would you see Lever playing, CHB, FB or loose 3rd man intercept playmaker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back