List Mgmt. Re-Signing Jake Lever

For the last time, do you think Jake Lever will re-sign with Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has zero reason to even mention the CBA and he has zero reason to put off his contract

He's just playing diversion and misdirection bingo

Presume he's saving up "I haven't really thought about it, I'm just focusing on my football" until later in the year?

All I can say is remeber Dangerfield, lets wait and see when these agreements are finalised, then we may force a decision because if we are waiting to year end the percentages swing greatly into the leaving factor, Ive heard all the good vides from PD remember. He should have no reason not to sign when a pay deal can be truly negotiated with the new agreements
Dangerfield signed a few times before he left, he gave Adelaide everything he could before leaving.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

He has zero reason to even mention the CBA and he has zero reason to put off his contract

There are two possible reasons for him putting off his contract:
  1. He thinks he's going to be awesome this year, and by the end of the year, he'll be commanding a much larger contract
  2. He is leaving so he doesn't want to sign a contract at all
Not sure which one Lever falls into at this stage

That Lever interview doesn't fill me with confidence at all. The comments about family being most important to him worry me.

Still think he stays though. Preference is that he stays too, but hopefully we can muster Collingwood's 1st from a Lever deal if he does leave

That Lever interview doesn't fill me with confidence at all. The comments about family being most important to him worry me.

Still think he stays though. Preference is that he stays too, but hopefully we can muster Collingwood's 1st from a Lever deal if he does leave

We'll certainly get value from him if he leaves, that much I'm ok with.

Pies first looking pretty tasty with Ned Flanders in the coaching box

I heard exactly the same thing Sanders. He just said "I'm going back to Victoria as soon as my girlfriend gives me the word" - just didn't say when he thought that would be ...

"I lot of people tend to think blokes sign for money, but at the end of the day, I know for me it's a little bit about my family," he said.

"My girlfriend (who is from Victoria) is over here (in Adelaide), she's going to play a massive part in the decision.

"Family is such an important part in contracts these days.

"People think it's all about the money, but it's not.

"For me, it's about family, culture of the club and everybody wants to win a premiership, I think that's the most important thing as well."
I'm hoping he signs a good length contract this time around, because unless he has a couple of premierships under his belt - the next time he will be "going home".
I am of the same opinion.
He's heading back to Victoria.
I was blind in the Danger BS.
Hope I'm wrong about Lever.
Why do these lads get tied down so young ?

People have feelings and they grow romantic relationships, even when they're young. When you're being paid a footballer's wage you're also in a better position to buy a house and settle down with your girlfriend/wife than the average youngster. Being an AFL player is one of the only jobs that will pay a 21-year-old good money.

You know what, I'm starting to get sick of this player retention situation. Roughly half the talent in the AFL comes from Victoria, so the go-home-to-family factor is a problem for all non-Vic clubs. But the go-home factor is not really a big issue for Vic clubs. Bryce Gibbs wanted to come home but he didn't. And because SA is not producing a lot of footy talent, we could never realistically look to prioritise SA kids at the draft. Sydney and Western Sydney get academies, we get nothing.

:cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People have feelings and they grow romantic relationships, even when they're young. When you're being paid a footballer's wage you're also in a better position to buy a house and settle down with your girlfriend/wife than the average youngster. Being an AFL player is one of the only jobs that will pay a 21-year-old good money.

You know what, I'm starting to get sick of this player retention situation. Roughly half the talent in the AFL comes from Victoria, so the go-home-to-family factor is a problem for all non-Vic clubs. But the go-home factor is not really a big issue for Vic clubs. Bryce Gibbs wanted to come home but he didn't. And because SA is not producing a lot of footy talent, we could never realistically look to prioritise SA kids at the draft. Sydney and Western Sydney get academies, we get nothing.

Yes half the talent comes from Vic, but they have 60% of the teams so sort out of makes sense

Go home is the biggest draw card to getting players to move of quality followed by the $$$$ but that is hard to do as everyone has cash to splurge, the go hiome factor cant be replicated in our case by only one other club.

Add in the main important media are all Victorian and they start running feel good stories about all those poor Victorian players who need to come home as opposed to how the Victorian clubs need to put their foot down when an interstate player is considering for family reasons to also come home.

Think we should only recruit single blokes and when they arrive at the club have a room full of Adelaide hotties and say ok pick one!

On SM-G900I using BigFooty.com mobile app

As a woman, I have some very choice words I am not going to use here for this sexist and outdated thinking. Pretty sure you can figure them out.
As a man, I am disgusted that you assume the word "hottie" only refers to women.

Also, jokes. How do they work?

Don't take yourself so seriously Nik.

Seems to me that Lever is negotiating his value, which is only increased if demand comes from elsewhere. It's standard, he's likely not going anywhere for the next three years.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

The interview filled me with a lot of confidence. He was straight up and honest I feel. The CBA would be holding a lot of contract talks up, especially if they want to sign long term deals which i suspect the crows would have put forward. He didn't have to mention the CBA, family, culture, gf etc. He could have trotted out a cliche or one liner and left it at that. I would have been more worried if he did.

I am 100% confident he is staying.

As soon as Bickley and Rowe declared he was staying, I started worrying.

My impression hearing the interview was that Jake was less convincing about remaining at the Crows than $kirt and Floggerfield.

Whilst providing draftees with a choice of young women (men?) is very sexist, the Talia Scheme worked well. I would hope that the go home factor is part of our recruiters' decision making. We also "arranged" for $kirt's brother to come to Adelaide and that all ended well :(.

I am sick of worrying every year about players nicking off. Sloane had signed with the Saints, JJ was packing his bags etc. I only wish that the AFL had a system in place which resulted in clubs getting fair value if players feel the need to return home to their mummy. McGovern would be crazy to go to the Shockers and the Eagles will have to pony up if they want a brotherly reunion. And I don't mean "a first round draft pick" which will probably be 16-20 for the Eagles this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back