News Karl Amon signs a three year deal to stay at Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not too fussed if he stays or goes. Our history of signing up players on big long term deals after 1 half decent year has cost us in the past so we need to be careful. Lobbe was the main one but Hartlett wasn't far off either. We spent subsequent seasons trying to trade these players and dump there heavy contracts elsewhere. Hartlett is doing okay now (just okay) but we may have benefited from not signing him on a long term deal at the end of 2015 and trading him when his stocks were at an all time high. I don't think Karl's stocks will ever get much higher than they would be now, i would've delisted him last year so we are lucky to be in this position where we might get something decent for him if he decides to leave.

Not too fussed if he stays or goes. Our history of signing up players on big long term deals after 1 half decent year has cost us in the past so we need to be careful. Lobbe was the main one but Hartlett wasn't far off either. We spent subsequent seasons trying to trade these players and dump there heavy contracts elsewhere. Hartlett is doing okay now (just okay) but we may have benefited from not signing him on a long term deal at the end of 2015 and trading him when his stocks were at an all time high. I don't think Karl's stocks will ever get much higher than they would be now, i would've delisted him last year so we are lucky to be in this position where we might get something decent for him if he decides to leave.
Amon was contracted for another season at the end of last year so he wasn't ever going to get cut.

Melbourne and Saints keen according to AFL website.

Amon will spend the next week mulling over interest from clubs including Melbourne and St Kilda.
AFL.com.au understands the Power have tabled a three-year offer to Amon with the belief he could still remain at Alberton.

I heard today that he still wants to stay, and this info about considering options is likely just an effort to up his price.... not uncommon, but time will tell.
One decent season and he's playing the up the price game ugh I'd trade him he's really not that good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OUT-OF-CONTRACT Port Adelaide midfielder Karl Amon is exploring his trade options as ruckman Paddy Ryder seeks a fresh start at a rival club.
Just 12 months after attempting to break his contract but failing to find a suitor, Amon will spend the next week mulling over interest from clubs including Melbourne and St Kilda.

AFL.com.au understands the Power have tabled a three-year offer to Amon with the belief he could still remain at Alberton.

It comes after a career-best season in which the 24-year-old played 17 matches and forged his place in the Power's best line-up.
The Demons have spoken openly about chasing outside ball users in the mould of Amon, while the Saints have been active in approaching talent from elsewhere.
More ..

AND .. As I posted on other thread.

Pick No.2 on the table: Dees looking to 'split' their top selection
MELBOURNE'S first pick at this year's NAB AFL Draft is up for grabs, with the Demons open to trading the selection.

More ..

Now this could be very interesting if Karl wants out b geez

Who do we want for pick 2 ....
One can only dream ........

I can't fault these guys if they do want to ship out. If I were at a job with a s**t boss which was poor for my personal and career development then you can bet I'd be looking at greener pastures.

I can't fault these guys if they do want to ship out. If I were at a job with a s**t boss which was poor for my personal and career development then you can bet I'd be looking at greener pastures.

That's the thing though, Amon is one of the few that have been developed and improved.

OUT-OF-CONTRACT Port Adelaide midfielder Karl Amon is exploring his trade options as ruckman Paddy Ryder seeks a fresh start at a rival club.
Just 12 months after attempting to break his contract but failing to find a suitor, Amon will spend the next week mulling over interest from clubs including Melbourne and St Kilda.

It comes after a career-best season in which the 24-year-old played 17 matches and forged his place in the Power's best line-up.
The Demons have spoken openly about chasing outside ball users in the mould of Amon, while the Saints have been active in approaching talent from elsewhere.
More ..

AND .. As I posted on other thread.

Pick No.2 on the table: Dees looking to 'split' their top selection
MELBOURNE'S first pick at this year's NAB AFL Draft is up for grabs, with the Demons open to trading the selection.

More ..

Now this could be very interesting if Karl wants out b geez

Who do we want for pick 2 ....
One can only dream ........

Amon and pick 9 for pick 2 and pick 38?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back